Honeywell 5894PI question

I currently have ADT (Ademco Vista-10se) and I want to replace the motion detector with the Honeywell 5894PI. The one I have now is for small pets and I have a larger dog and need the 80lb threshold. Do I need a tech to switch them out? Where can I get a install guide(Not just where to place it). I searched the web and found nothing. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks,Chris

Reply to
ck
Loading thread data ...

The installation instructions for the motion detector are included with the part. It'll tell you how to set it up and adjust it for optimum performance. It'll also go into detail about "walk-testing" it. When you remove the old detector make sure you identify the "positive and negative" power and switch terminals. Hook up the new sensor exactly the same way and you shouldn't have any problem. One extra word of advice, make sure you power down your system before changing out any device. You don't want to short anything.

Good luck!!

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

Pet immune my ass! False alarm magnets. Just turn the old motion upside down, and install it a few feet lower than the original location. Have the old motion look up rather than down. It's an old trick but it still works. If a midget breaks in you're screwed. Midgets can't really reach anything of value and they will probably be stuck in the house due to the inability to reach a doorknob so when you get home they will be available for you to kick their little runt ass.

ck wrote:

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Then you're going to need access to programming to enroll it and delete the old sensor (if it's wireless too), or move it to another location in the house. You may also want to consider the alternative Tom (Mr. Double-sided-tape) suggested. Here's hoping your big dog isn't a "jumper". :-)

Frank Olson

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Olson

In order to change that detector you will need to enter the programming mode. Doing so will require the manual and the installer code. ADT will not give you the code.

Don't waste your money buying a replacement detector unless and until you have the code or a commitment from ADT to program it into your system for you. My guess is they'll probably refuse, insisting on selling you the same part themselves.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Frank, the 5894PI is WIRELESS DUH...... short out what?

Reply to
Hugeass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.