Once Upon a Time Thread

I considered the recent comment from Jim in another thread about starting a thread to see what interest there was here. I clicked on the New Message button and then just sat here at 12:49am in the morning and could not get my brain to come up with an interesting topic. So I started it with Once upon a time. Don't know where it is to go from here but it is something.........................

So the thread(story) is started. It just needs lines added to make it complete. If those here or where ever are so inclined the please ad a line or two. Maybe it will make for good reading in a few weeks. Just keep bottom posting so that the story will be easily read.

If you think this is a stupid waste of time then it will die. Otherwise it may grow a crowd.

Try and leave it with a open ended line. I will add the first line. We all should clean up the ">'s" if we can. =================================================

Once Upon a Time, there was a small alarm dealer in a small town that

Reply to
ABLE1
Loading thread data ...

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Who was a strong independent type entrepreneur who came up with an great idea for a new type of alarm device.

Reply to
nick markowitz

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D

RHC: But when the large alarm conglomerates saw this, they realized it seriously threatened their revenue stream for monitoring services...So....(what' next)

Reply to
tourman

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D

RHC: But when the large alarm conglomerates saw this, they realized it seriously threatened their revenue stream for monitoring services...So....(what' next)

Reply to
tourman

They all lived happily ever after

The end

Reply to
doug

RHC: Hey, you're no fun......

Reply to
tourman

Once Upon a Time, there was a small alarm dealer in a small town that

Who was a strong independent type entrepreneur who came up with an great idea for a new type of alarm device. But when the large alarm conglomerates saw this, they realized it seriously threatened their revenue stream for monitoring services...So....

They all lived happily ever after even though the end was near, but the independant alarm dealer decide to

Reply to
ABLE1

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D

Once Upon a Time, there was a small alarm dealer in a small town who was a strong independent type entrepreneur who came up with a great idea for a new type of alarm device. =A0But when the large alarm conglomerates saw this, they realized it seriously threatened their revenue stream for monitoring services...So....=A0They all lived happily ever after. BUT .... even though the end was near, the independant alarm dealer decided to let the rest of the world in on his new product.

His new alarm system was a hybrid system combining a home securtity system, access control CCTV,home automation and Microsoft's Kinect, the kids computer game. The system consists of various CCTV, IR and UV cameras and other sensors located in every room of the house. During the installation process, each person who is going to use the system has to be "introduced" to the system so that it can "identify" each person. From that point forward the system can be taught to recognize various gestures and even different gestures from each person, to enact the same commands. When an "identified" person enters the premise, there is no need for the alarm system to be manually disarmed, as they will be "identified" by the system . When leaving, a simple "learned" gesture, perhaps accompanied by a voice command for instance, can arm the system. Other visual/voice or combination commands can turn on and off lights, the TV, raise or lower the thermostat or activate any electrical device.

There is just one thing that is stopping the this installer from giving the world his fantastic new invention. He first has to figure out a way to get it past the grueling test of the dreded WIRELESS HEADPHONE ALARM DISRUPTOR. DA DA DA DUMMMMM !!!!!!

Reply to
Jim

But the economy had shifted from a manufacturing type, to an information and 'paper' type. The device had to be made in China to compete price-wise with similar items. Also, the dealer had to hire a lawyer to try and patent the damn thing; while waiting 3 years for a UL listing. After spending $500,000 on R&D, prototype dev., legal and agency certification no distributor will sell the thing. Installer takes shitty job @ ADT in defeat.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I have paused a few days to see what would happen, next. And it would seem this little experiment has shown a few interesting facts. Well maybe that not that interesting but at the very least it did demonstrate how some here on ASA do things.

1) only some can follow the rules 2) very few can envision the humor of writing a good story one line at a time 3) some do not want to collaborate and decided to write a paragraph with an ending

Now I fully expect to be flamed here and that is ok. At least it is the tradition of ASA. So be it. I guess it best to leave a sleeping (or dead) dog lie. I digress.

(Kevlar hot suit.............................. ON)

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

and as the alarm installer stood there, the inside of the Kevlar suit getting hotter and hotter, he finally decided that it was time to take action. So he whipped out his only defense, approached the source of the flames and began ........

Reply to
Jim

There are no rules.

"If those here or where ever are so inclined the please ad a line or two."

I wrote a small paragraph, but it doesn't have to be the end.

Screw you !!! Jerk !!! Asswipe !!!

Happy now?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Actually was hoping that someone would be happy, now that you have blessed this thread it should die peacefully.

Moving on................................

Reply to
ABLE1

and as the alarm installer stood there, the inside of the Kevlar suit getting hotter and hotter, he finally decided that it was time to take action. So he whipped out his only defense, approached the source of the flames and began to see that nothing could be done for those that frequent ASA.

Life goes on...............

Reply to
ABLE1

Jeeeeeze Les ...... In keeping with the ASA tradition I continued the story "approached the source of the flames and began to" ...... and left if wide open for you to just say "Piss on all of you"

Ya just got no imagination ..... What better remark could be the Hallmark of ASA?

Oh well ...... Guess I'll just go back hiding under my bridge and wait for Robert to post again. Maybe he'll say something about long term contracts and we can liven up the group for a few days.

Reply to
Jim

hired a drop dead gorgeous female installer with the most perfect pair of

(I dare ya, Jim!)

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Jeeeeeze Les ...... In keeping with the ASA tradition I continued the story "approached the source of the flames and began to" ...... and left if wide open for you to just say "Piss on all of you"

Ya just got no imagination ..... What better remark could be the Hallmark of ASA?

I actually gave a thought of typing just that, but then thought it would just continue the BS that already exist. I thought maybe we could get better than that. And we can, but ASA is what it is.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Once Upon a Time, there was a small alarm dealer in a small town that hired a drop dead gorgeous female installer with the most perfect pair of wire cutters. She was very proficient at using all her tools.

One day on a install she showed the boss how much easier is would be if

Reply to
ABLE1

they all lived happily ever after

The End

Reply to
doug

Once Upon a Time, there was a small alarm dealer in a small town that hired a drop dead gorgeous female installer with the most perfect pair of wire cutters. =A0She was very proficient at using all her tools.

One day on a install she showed the boss how much easier is would be if she held his tools for him because she just loved to watch ...

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.