Firewolf 4-wire Napco 816 gives E41

Don't be too sure of that. I've also seen plenty of professionally installed systems where even the fire zone EOL's were installed across the terminals in the panel. I've also found pro systems where smokes were T-wired to a zone. Worse still, I've run across systems installed by Sonitrash where all of the smokes were home run and connected to a single zone. The EOL was installed right there in the panel.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Okay, now I'm totally stumped. I moved it to Zone 8 with the same problem. I ran a new set of wires out in the open across the floor just to make sure I didn't pinch it anyware, same thing. I installed a new "red-red-red" resistor, same thing. I took out the resistor and labeled the zone as "no eol" but same thing. I even tested the thing with a magnet -- it turned red, meaning it's working, but of course the panel ignored it. Now I'm just out of ideas? I have the 12v power across power just like the manual -- plug #6 and the one directly next to zone 8, and certainly it's powered up. I have it connected to zone 8 and the EOL is inline by plugging it into the smoke at the NO connection, then plugging the other end onto the yellow wire, which goes back to the panel of course, along with the green wire next to it at the adjacent terminal. I even tried swapping them. Any ideas? ... maybe without getting too angry about semantics ...? =)

Reply to
Total nerd

hehehehahaha

which goes back to the

Reply to
Mark

To TN: Sounds like you have the eol resistor in series. It needs to be in parallel with the last smoke detector. Also you need an end of line relay to supervise power.

To DIY everywhere: This is a perfect example or why you should call a professional. Even with access to the manual, s/w, and correct advice from pros here, this person still doesn't grasp the most rudimentary concepts of wiring a smoke detector to a fire zone. Series? Parallel? What? It's not rocket science, ya know. js

Reply to
Buggs

Standby for the supervision relay episode.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If a homeowner is going to do a DIY installation, Napco would be the last system I would recommend... He should have bought a Vista Series control, a retarded ape can program those.. :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Will the Caped Crusader defeat the evil wire monster. Tune in next week, same bat time, same bat channel.............. Sorry, I lost my mind for a moment..... :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

Wouldn't help in this case. The Vista still requires the eol resistor in parallel on a fire zone. :-) js

Reply to
Buggs

Hahahha Awesome I love that one!

Reply to
ssokoly

Call me. I'm in the office today and would be happy to assist.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Not at all. The Napco panel is easy to install. He needs a bit of coaching. that's all. I offered to speak with the gentleman by phone.

Leave Mike out of this.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You're probably lying Joe. After all, somehow Gass Bass has special knowledge and knows that most installers don't use them so ...... you can't be telling the truth.

Reply to
Jim

So you've installed a P816 have you? Just exactly where did you install it? Since it wasn't introduced until after you sold your alarm company and moved to Florida, it would certainly be interesting to find out where you installed anything .... without a Florida license. So either you're lying again or you're installing illegally. But .... on the other hand, you'll probably just lie again and say you installed it for a "friend".

Also, you forgot to mention one little thing in your "primate" story. The fact that your were calling all installers stupid, monkeys and idiots to foster people to buy your equipment, rather than have an installation done. But when it got to the point that people were pulling up your quotes to show what a vindictive and lying asshole you were, you erased your posts and started calling people "primates". Everyone who witnessed your nasty name calling knows exactly what you're refering to. Newbys coming here, don't know what a son of a bitch you really are and take you at your word that people take offense at being called primates.

Would you care to deny it?

No ..... you never do deny what I say, because you know everyone in the Newsgroup will support the truth.

Reply to
Jim

Well NO!

The hostility is due to the fact that you persistantly run down installations companies to promote your business in a group that is made up of professional installation companies. All you EVER had to to was stop being such a f****ng asshole and not ridicule people and constantly use abusive conduct when people didn't agree with you. Theres a long history alright and it goes back years and years with it all showing how you've disrupted Usenet in this and other groups. You've stolen information from people and claimed it as your own. You've disguised your self as some of the people here, and made deriding remarks to ruin someone reputation. You've contacted peoples employers and lied about them causing them to lose their jobs. In your personal life you've been to prison, you're a convicted felon and your responsible for someones death, ...... all of which can be verified. Yet you persist here in ASA trying to constantly prove to unsuspecting Newbys that your are to be trusted with their security and are reliable and ethical.

You're the scum of the earth, lying bastard and you deserve the very worst that can happen to someone for doing what you've done to people both in Usenet and real life ..... for your entire life.

Reply to
Jim

OOOOOH NOOOOOOO!

That's really funny!!!!!

Reply to
Jim

Along with your "talk" of DIY you also frequently posted links to your website in total violation of the Group's FAQ. I guess you "missed" telling the OP that.

Nope. DIYer's are more than welcome to post. It's when you start denigrating the trade (and the regulars in the Group) that sort of swings the focus away from talking alarms.

Uh-huh... Let's review one of the best responses to your frequent forays down "your memory" lane I've ever read:

Reply to
Frank Olson

Woah, you folks need some serious drugs. Calm down, this is getting ridiculous. So I had it in series where it should be in parallel. So that's what people with incredible intelligence do all the time in all sorts of academic and professional engineering fields. Wow, you guys need to find something that makes you happy, there is a lot of anger here. Seriously, this is handled in one sentance: place the EOL in parallel, not in series. Ohm's law, anyone? It's been about 17 years since I graduated college so I'm a little shaky, and the Firewolf manual was all wet and damaged so I couldn't see exactly how the last detector was wired until I went online today. That's why I thought it was like everything else, in series. Wow, I hope you guys don't treat your loved ones like this. Seriously, smoke some weed or find God or something... sheesh.

Reply to
Total nerd

In that order?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

A little shaky? The manual is wet? HAAAAhahahahahaha!! And the dog ate your homework too. Hahahahahahahahaha.

js

Reply to
Buggs

Wow, you're surprisingly unstable. All of you really need mental help in a big way. You all act so immature I'm embarrassed for you. Like children... sad.

Reply to
Total nerd

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.