Envelopes

Has it got your stamp of approval?

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

Here's a little hint that may help. I don't "wet" the envelopes to seal them. I use standard double window envelopes and seal them with a glue stick on the flap. The self stick envelopes are pretty good but in my opinion not worth the difference in cost.

I used to do it that way but with the decline of dot matrix printers the cost of the imprint type forms skyrocketed. And I'd think that you'd have to pay a premium price for a dot matrix printer nowdays that would print through multiple copies.

>
Reply to
Jim

Thanks Jim, I don't know if there's a Walmart around here but maybe Kmart has them too.

Reply to
Jim

Before you know it ..... someone will be going Postal.

Reply to
Jim

If you owned your own company you'd think differently.

Go into your billing department and see how efficient they are about sending out invoices. Cost of billing is just another factor that has to be controled .... just like anything else. I'd guess they reach the point of automated billing or using an outside service. But smaller companys usually don't reach the breaking point. So .....a smaller company, with enough accounts, could save thousands a year just by bringing the cost of evelopes down.

I wish there was some way I could control the amount of paper each bill is printed on. Most of my monthly bills are one liners. But the program needs an 8 1/2 by 11 inch paper. I'd just as soon that it bill on 3 1/2 inch paper. Less paper, less time to stuff. Multiply that by thousands and there's a few more buks saved in time material and labor.

Reply to
Jim

man, that's got to burn to have to give up half your business because of some morons in a newsgroup got you shut down. too bad your business is so bad that you can't afford to hire a real pro with a license so you wouldn't have to turn away half your business. the best half too, recurring revenue. wow, man, bummer.... and with someone around there that actually knows the business and is legal you could prob sell more parts too. dude, too bad....I feel for ya.

Reply to
Joe

There is a vendor on ebay that has double window envelopes for $28 per 500.

I just bought 8 boxes, and shipping was $24.00 total. Tn to Az. Got an e-mail a few minutes after completing letting me knw they were shipping same day. I did have to e-mail them for shipping charges on multiple boxes as they don't have it autocalculated in their listing.

Right now I am in the process of printing up the last of my simngle window envelopes for a while.

Oh, by the way. For you QB users.... I don't worry too much about window locations as I can change my invouice template anytime I like to fit. Takes abotu 30 seconds usually.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Your are wrong Joe. Robert's nemesis (singular) in that situation has never participated in this newsgroup with even a single post.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Actually, it's a pleasure to send Jim an occasional lead. He's a decent guy and I've never had a complaint from anyone I sent to him. I've no interest in the installation business. I cater to DIYers. There's nothing to give up since I don't offer installation or monitoring.

As to how business is doing, if you use any of the major distributors in the country, try asking about my company. You'd be surprised how much business we do online. In fact, with the economy in the crapper due to the Shrub's moronic policies, people are bargain-hunting online even more than usual these days. As an online discounter selling alarms, home automation, intercom systems, CCTV, fiber optics, etc., direct to the public, my websites are doing better than I ever dreamt they would.

Hope you're doing as well as you'd like me to be.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

My QB email option doesn't work anymore...maybe because Im still using 2005. So, I have to print to pdf then email...it's a pain.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

so you're saying that it was Robbys own fault for getting on the internet and running his mouth about being a law breaker that got him caught? OK, my bad.

Reply to
Joe

That's no bargain. That's $140 for 2500 envelopes, and crappy double-window envelopes at that.

I can buy custom-printed single-window envelopes with my logo on them for less money. And, it looks a hell of a lot nicer than double windows. I see no advantage whatsoever to double windows. Costs more, looks worse.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Link?

I did a little checking yesterday and this morning, and did not see a custom printed #10 envelope with logo for less. One thing about the double window is that I can run billing runs for different businesses and fliers for one club I run and mail them all in the same envelope regardless of quantity.

An unprinted #10 single window envelope sells for a couple dollars less. I can run those through my inkjet pinter, but that takes time. They don't fair so well in my much faster laser printer though.

** Posted from
formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.