I've been given a Google Pixel Fi phone. Now what? [telecom]

A kind neighbor has given me a used Google Pixel Fi phone, and I'd appreciate your help to make use of it without spending too much.

Please answer these questions for me:

1. The phone is model G-2PW4100. Is this model able to work with 4G service? 2. Google offers a "Low Cost" plan with "Unlimited talk and text," which they say is great if I can use WiFi a lot, but the they quote on the first page turns into "-" when it's time to give them a credit card number. It turns out that they want to be paid by the Gigabyte for data. Can I limit data use? 3. Verizon is the only reliable cellular carrier in my area. Does Google use them? If not, which one? 4. Verizon has been offering a prepaid plan for /month. Can this phone be used with that? I don't need data. 5. If someone gave this phone to you, what would you do with it?

Thanks for your help.

Bill Horne

Reply to
Bill Horne
Loading thread data ...

Most versions of Android have a Setting for "Data warning and limit". In recent versions, go to Settings and then Search for "limit". On a handy instance of Android 12, I see a default of 2.0GB; but the default is Off, and I have never turned it On. The web administration page for my plan shows usage as of yesterday, and my plan sends me an email when I reach 75% of monthly allowance.

Reply to
John Reiser

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.