Envelopes

I've been sending my account billing out in double window envelopes for too many years to count. They've always been a little expensive and in recent years have run anywhere around $32.00 to 36.... $38.00 per box of 500, at Staples, Office Max etc. Just went to today to buy some and they were $48.and change for a box. WOW!!!! That's friggin

10 cents apiece!

I was thinking that if I used plain ol # 10 business envelope and addressed them via the printer, it would be a hell of a lot cheaper, but can't figure out how I'd collate the envelopes with the bills.

What do you all use to send out your billing? If you printer address your envelopes instead of window envelopes, how do you collate them with the bills? Doing it that way would seem to lend it's self to sending the wrong bill to a customer, due to a mix, up when stuffing envelopes.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

I remember purchasing 2000+ off an ebay seller for under $20. I am sure he still sells them.

Jim Rojas

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Single window envelopes are cheaper than double window, and then all you have to print is your return address on them. Also, you might look into bigger purchases of pre-printed envelopes.

Also, if you look around you can still find the smaller check envelopes with double windows cheaper than the full size double window envelopes. I used those for a while, and it worked for most of my clients.

** Posted from
formatting link
Reply to
Bob La Londe

You bill people? I thought security systems were FREE! :-))

$0 Down, $0 monthly.... oh, that's why my wife says I need to rethink my business plan if I want to pay our bills...

Reply to
Russell Brill

Thanks Jim, I'll give that a look.

Reply to
Jim

Just pay the going rate for the envelopes. Printing envelopes is a real PITA. Check these guys: http://66.180.109.178/FormsDirect/Prices are not bad if you order in quantity, and they're easy to deal with.

Reply to
alarman

You can buy custom-printed single window envelopes pretty cheap. The secret is to go to an envelope company, not your local printer, and to buy

2500 envelopes at a time. They will cost you maybe $120 for 2500 No. 10 envelopes, not counting tax, and freight if you need them shipped to you. 2500 envelopes may or may not seem like a lot to you, but unless you sell your company or move, you will use them up. If you have enough accounts to justify it, the price gets even better for 5000.

Window envelopes are the only way to fly. Otherwise, you waste time printing up envelopes (which you still have to pay for, plus the cost of ink or toner), and even more time making sure the right invoice goes in the right envelope.

Reply to
Nomen Nescio

Finally they make double window envelopes with quick seal flaps!...yea!...but they're over 50 bucks a box at Staples...but boy what a time saver.

I've been wrestling with this issue for years...almost thinking of going back to dot-matrix printer and fold over print through invoices that become their own mailers.

Or Email & PayPal

anyway you look at it it's a pita

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Grown men going gaga over envelopes.....

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yep, but these are men who manage every single aspect of an alarm company.

Sales Installation Service Billing Accounting Monitoring (even if its contracted out) Support

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Walmart sells double & single window envelopes for about $4 a box of 80.

Jim Rojas

Jim wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Is this what is referred to as pushing the envelope?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

It must be a seasonal thing...we've had this discussion before :-)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It's possible to e-mail invoices with quick books. Just did my first one yesterday.

Reply to
alarman

Nah, just another ASA flap.

Reply to
alarman

Yup. I have a couple clients who like that, and they pay quicker if I do it that way.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Dang, and I thought we had this one licked.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Did they email their check back to you?

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Hi Jim,

I referred a customer to you today. I don't know if it's of interest to you but they have an existing system (Honeywell I think) which is not being monitored. He wants it serviced and he wants monitoring. Check your email. I told him good stuff about you and gave him your addy.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yes, but the gum is full of lead. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.