EMG (Ripoff) Security of Sarasota

I recently gave a system to a friend of mine for his home. It's a Napco P1632. He decided to have it monitored so he called EMG, a local outfit. They sent a salesman out. The guy told my friend that the Napco system is non-standard and that no central station in the country can monitor it. Then he tried to get him to sign a lease for a "better" system.

My friend called me while the salesman was still there and told me what he was saying. I said, "Throw him out of the house. He's a liar." The sales guy gets on the phone with me and tries his nonsense line. I told him I've been in the business over 30 years and that he needs to take a hike.

As my friend threw him out, he kept insisting that no one could monitor the system. Just for fun, my friend called Bob Campbell's favorite firm and asked if they can monitor a Napco P1632. "Of course we can. Would you like to make an appointment...?"

I contacted the firm Jim recommended and they will have it taken care of in a couple days when I walk him through the programming. Somehow I don't think the boys down at EMG are happy about me. :)

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

EMG was half correct, while they were wrong about not being able to monitor Napco the DSC panel they would have installed IS a better system...

Reply to
mleuck

sales guy gets

You should have told your customer to also file a complaint with his state attorney generals office.

Reply to
nick markowitz

He's not a customer, just a friend. The problem is the sales droid probably didn't break any laws. He violated professional ethics but unfortunately that's not a crime. These guys do this all the time and usually get away with it. I'm glad I no longer go out to sell in people's homes. It was a lot of fun way back when, but I couldn't tolerate all that nonsense any more, even if I wasn't ill.

There was a guy in CT who used to bad-mouth my little company all the time. He'd say we ran out CS in the cellar, the garage, an outhouse, whatever. :^)

Customers would sometimes ask what I thought of "so and so's" alarm company. I figured they'd already had an earful so I just said, "They're a competitor. I'd rather let them stand or fall on their own merit." Then I'd go right back to my presentation. Care to guess who won most of those bids?

Recently I found out where that salesman is. He works in sales... for a distributor. I bear him no grudge though I don't have much respect for him.

I think it was Churchill who said, "It doesn't take all kinds. There simply are all kinds." :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

I haven't taken on any new customers for couple years now and I just have to laugh as I watch the others around me blow each others brains out for work. so they can get that all precious MRR . I had a customer move out of a building with a fire system and new people move in and call me other day to get it reactivated and I gave them a good price which they balked as they fooled around for a month getting bids now that they realize they are going to get screwed all of a sudden now they need me to do it and right now I have no time so I told them to call some one else. Im tired of dealing with f*ck offs. added to I gave them a price

Reply to
nick markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.