Electromagnetic lock wiring

I need some assistance.

i installed a HID entryprox standalone unit using a padde electormagnetic lock. Ive wired the hid according to the wiring diagram. however the maglock does not function. The hid manual suggests that the mag lock needs a negative connection from the keypad and a main relay connection.

In the Padde maglock there is a +, - terminal and a NC, common and No terminal.

I tried connecting to the + and - terminal but the maglock just buzzes, red light and no magnetism. i tried one to the - and the other connection to the NC as the HID diagram recommends, but no power.

Can any one give me an idea as to what im doing wrong, or maybe someone has the padde maglock wiring diagram

thanks in advance sam

Reply to
sam
Loading thread data ...

First off you do not indicate the current draw of the MagLock and the available Power Supply Amps. This must be considered first. After that wiring config needs to be looked at. So what are the values above???

I need some assistance.

Reply to
ABLE_1

If you're trying to power the maglock from the HID power supply, it won't work. The maglock needs its own power supply.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

The NC, common and No terminals probably go to a "tamper switch" which activates when the cover is removed...

Reply to
Bill

Thnaks, i will power the maglock seperately and give it a go.

Reply to
sam

Probably so. They also might go to a lock status sensor that tells a control panel whether the lock is engaged. These, tamper switches, door status sensors, etc., are all available options on many magnetic locks.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.