On Bluefrog

You are quite right in your exceptions to Bluefrog, and have reservations as I do. Let me explain. I live in a remote location that can only receive a 28.8K input. While I understand broadband has spread widely, most of the world still operates at that speed. When I get a hundred spams, some of them over 50K, it takes 4 hours to download and my email service has been rendered useless. I think it is up to the individual ISP's to filter their services, rather than choose to ignore the complaints of their customers as they do now.

Yahoo has blocked the Bluefrog site altogether from it's users. My suspicion is that considering my ISP wants 5 bucks a month extra to "automatically" block spam, they might not be so happy to see a solution for free. I might add I get less than one a day now, so it works and that to me is utterly amazing. David against the giant and all that.

Cheers,

Chuck

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Least anyone forget, Blue is the security service which has been rather successful to date in cutting back the amount of spam sent to it. Blue Frog simply sends an email of complaint to each spammer _one time_, in the name of each person who received the spam. PAT]
Reply to
Chuck Wassall
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.