DLS 2002 not "seeing" LCD5500Z keypad

For some strange reason, I cannot get the DLS 2002 SP2 software to see an LCD5500Z keypad. It sees the keypad in general (in that the "system graphic" contains a keypad, but it shows it as an LCD5500), but will not allow programming of the keypad (i.e. all the text labels, etc). I've tried adding the keypad to the account explicitly, with the correct version (3.1), but the DLS software always rejects it and recommends removing it from the account. Even if I force it to leave it on the account, it won't communicate with it.

The keypad is in partition 1, slot 1. The panel does seem to see the keypad and the keypad functions properly as far as I can tell. It's as though the panel doesn't think the keypad is a Z model (LCD5500Z) and thinks it's a regular fixed message/icon keypad (LCD5500).

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions people might have.

Robert

Reply to
Robert
Loading thread data ...

Try assigning it to slot 8 instead of slot 1

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Slot 8 should fix it, The downloader only goes to keypad 8 for some reason.

James

Reply to
James

DSC has a hard time with addons. Most of the time when I add one zone expander it thinks there are two. Trying to get it to notice that you have switched or removed keypads is almost impossible. Try this. Remove the keypad from the panel and remove the account from the software. Open a new account called test or domething and dial up the panel and let it identify it. Then it will search for modules and it won't find any. Hook up the keypad and change the account number in the panel. Add a new test account in the software and dial it up again and let it identify the panel and search for modules and see if it finds it this time. Hopefully that will do it.

Reply to
<thesatguy1

Thanks - I was actually just about to do that before I posted - guess I got a little trigger happy on the post button.

I didn't find anything in the documentation about it having to be in slot 8, although it does suggest the default is slot 8 for Z keypads. I must say the documentation doesn't always live up to my expectations of what it could be, and hasn't seemed to have been improved much over the years.

Thanks again to those that took the time to respond, it was much appreciated.

Robert

Reply to
Robert

5500z keypads will ONLY be accessable if it is on slot 8. If you have 3 LCD (5500) keypads, ONE of them MUST be on 8 or the system will not communicate zone descriptions to the 1 or all three keypads. Read the documentation.

Terry

Reply to
Securitech

Page 30 in the v2 manual under DOWNLOADING in nice big bold letters, couldn't be more clear

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It's in the documentation as has been pointed out. Note also that additional keypads must be assigned to different slots if you want them supervised and if you want them to appear on the schematic in DLS 2002. You _must_ assign the partition/slot for each additional keypad at that keypad. It cannot be done by downloading.

Reply to
Armond Perretta

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.