Optex Motion Sensors

Anyone have an opinion of the Optex DX40 and DX60 with a DSC panel? Are they as good as their spec sheet says? If not, suggestions for a commercial office?

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
Dan
Loading thread data ...

I like the Bosch 835i for small offices. I have used them with the DSC 1832 and had no problems.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Reply to
paul

Reply to
paul

WTF is a DSC 1832, a 5010?

A new panel or marketing name?

Reply to
G. Morgan

I see it now:

formatting link
I wish they would get their naming convention less confusing.

I only deal with DSC on takeovers.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Pretty much a 5010 with a new processor and 4 partitions

They also have the PC1616 and 1864

Reply to
Mark Leuck

According to the DSC factory rep DSC is facing the same problem with RoHS as everyone else. So to meet the EU regulations (get the lead out) they had to make a new board. He said since DSC was making too many boards already for so many different products they reduced everything to one board. From the one board they made 3 versions. The bottom is the 1616. It replaces the Power432 & Power632 also known as the PC580 and PC1555MX respectively. The

1832 replaces the Power 832 or PC5010 as it is known as also. The1832 has already been through its first factory recall, despite being tested in Europe for almost a year. The 1864 replaces the Power 864 or PC5020. The new board has 1 AMP output instead of about half that for the old boards. The programing is similar in each case to the version it replaces and if you as using DLS software it will convert an older panel's program to a new one so you don't have to it manually. However you do have to update your software for the new panels and keypads. The new boards are CP-1 compliant. That is important in our State since by Jan1, 2007 you can't carry a non CP-1 panel in your truck (for new installations). There are new thinner keypads too. They start with PK models. They have more lines of programming for custom text (on the high end) and an iPOD look and feel as well. Some customers love them other hate them. No one seems nutral. Who could get so worked up over a keypad? Some home owners will spead a half an hour on the phone discussing how it looks and then only arm the thing once a year when they go out of town. Go figure.
Reply to
Roland Moore

Motions... No opinion. Company... well I have a personal pet peeve with one of the principals. About 13 years ago he turned his back on me in mid conversation when he found out I had only owned my own company for six months.

Nuf said.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Denon did that to me at CES a few years back when I was selling a LOT of their product (still small potatoes to them), so I switched to Harmon Kardon instead. What arrogant assholes they were at the CES, it made me wanna puke.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.