New Caddx

I think the 'E' is for Enhanced. The V2 is an updated panel while the 'E' panel has more capacity and features.

Reply to
diver
Loading thread data ...

I have 20 NX-8 in service I getting to like them. This week I got an NX-8E and a NX-8 V2. Is there much difference?

The E looks like it has higher amperage relay contacts. The V2 has extras Smokes zones with a Moose style wired axillary's in a plug form.

Reply to
Rich

The v2 adds some features the E already had like activity monitor, 500 event monitor instead of 284 events

Look at it as an E without the relays

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Merging of the 2 platforms makes sense but it won't be what you might think. My main complaint with the Caddx line is adding wireless sensors is confusing whereas its easy with the Concord however the Concord isn't as flexible.

My bet is within 2 years you will have an NX panel with easy wireless programming

Reply to
Mark Leuck

They are bringing back the Moose line and instead of the usual dealer outlets it will be sold out of sporting and boat shops...the marketing guy from GE said something about anchors although I wasn't sure.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Hell they forced me away from the Moose now this old dog will have to learn soothing new. I hope they hold on for five years and I'll retire.

Reply to
Rich

Don't get to used to them... My understanding is GE is trying to melt both the NX & ITI line of controls into one platform... Sadly, I believe the end result will be a Frankenstein alarm panel , it will probably grunt & groan like the original monster... :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

I have been seriously considering the NX8E as my goto panel for somitime now. Basically since it cam out. I like the moduilar expansion with full supervision. It seems to have all the features of the top Napco panels I use, but with a much neater method of mounting and organizing. Its nice just sliding add on cards into the box, or mountng a remote box with PS that is fully supervised simpely by the nature of adding it to the system. Very very nice.

Morphing and compatibility from changes would bother me though from what you say.

If Napco introduced a similar architecture for add-ons and added a couple more boards like supervised aux power boards I'ld probably never consider a change. Same eletronics and bus, just a better way to mont the boards and organize stuff.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Reply to
moe

Bob, Been in the same boat,too. After years of using Napco, I took a look at Caddx NX-8E: nicer setup as you say, easier to add modules, better looking keypads (my #1 fault with Napco- TIME TO UPDATE YOUR KEYPADS) Just returned from Caddx training yesterday and from what I see there's some interesting stuff coming out- New Receivers with better range and more power, New Internet stuff, co-conspiracy with Alarm.com, a new upgraded 586 dongle (588 will be USB not serial, possibly able to download Keypad Info, and ability to flash upgrade version2 panels at site without need of laptop. Mike MES Security

Bob La L>>I have 20 NX-8 in service I getting to like them.

Reply to
Mike Sokoly

I find the NX 6 and 8 adequate for residential and small commercial applications. E for larger commercial apps.

Reply to
moe

NX panels are excellent, the only complaints I have are the alpha keypads are extremely slow to upload and learning wireless sensors is confusing

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Golly, I didn't know so many GE sales guys posted here. But you can speed up the keypad download by going to Expanders then Keypad text then in the text window the Options menu and finally Set zones to read/write. If you're only using 20 zones set that to 20 with one language and save yourself 10 or 15 minutes.

Reply to
mezrac

True or you can choose not to upload alpha at all, I kinda wish Caddx's software would treat modules like DSC does

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The NX-8 is a 48 Zone panel max, the NX-8E is a 192 Zone panel max.

The NX-8E also has more user codes, larger event buffer & a higher output power supply.

Julian

Reply to
julian

Or if you're only uploading 20 zones, cancel the transmission after 2 minutes. So far I've gotten all the zone labels uploaded completely.

Plus the keypad programming of the LCD keypads is easy at the keypad.

Julian.

Reply to
julian

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.