difference in quality of equipment: ADT, Brinks, Slomins, etc?

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape
Loading thread data ...

otay otay...i apologize for posting an almost on-topic question...sheesh youse guise.

| >

| >

| > Nope. < | | Did you notice poor Crash called his question an off-topic post? | The only f****ng thing in this thread alarm-related and he calls it | off-topic. | He's way too polite, Franky. I need to tutor him :-) | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

not me. i activated my age retention permit when i was 40, so im still good for a while yet.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

I just read stories about em, Tom tells me they are great for Mazzola parties

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Yup, use the unattended downloader and set it up to download the panel as it calls in

Reply to
Mark Leuck

we dress the gerbils up like smurfs with cowboy hats and then................ oh shit, sorry. I thought this was alt.crisco.underground.

Mark Leuck wrote:

Reply to
Mr.Double-sided tape

Motorcycle Irene

| >

| > | >

| > | >

| > | > Nope. < | > | | > | Did you notice poor Crash called his question an off-topic post? | > | The only f****ng thing in this thread alarm-related and he calls it | > | off-topic. | > | He's way too polite, Franky. I need to tutor him :-) | > | | > | | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

so it will trap the panel eh...sheesh what a freeking timesaver. gonna try this on my next ademco wireless.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Its one of the best features of Compass

Reply to
Mark Leuck

alt.poly-unsaturated-ghee.erotic.binaries

| > > What's a basement? | > > js | >

| > I just read stories about em, Tom tells me they are great for Mazzola | > parties | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'm surprised you guys use it. I wouldn't trust an unattended connection to an alarm panel. Dumb I suppose but I've had things go awry with a dnload (presumably why big boys don't connect unless tech on site) What if, could the dnload tie up the panel (ie: tel line) for hours in a malfunction? Seizing the clients phone line carries some responsibility, no?

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

I've done it hundreds of times for the last 5 years now

Reply to
Mark Leuck

If your standing at the premise...what would the liability be?...just unplug the rj.

And conversely, I program hundreds of panels and never ever have had a problem...oh sure I've inadvertantly wiped out a panel here or there, but have been able to reprogram it in minutes. Never had a panel seize and not release a phone line....then again I don't use DSC or Nappy stuff ;-)

The big boys don't do it because...well you figure that one out...I can think of at least 2 reasons.

| > Its one of the best features of Compass | >

| >

| | | *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** | *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from

formatting link

Reply to
Crash Gordon

if you're standing at the premises, it's not an unattended download

*** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

This happens when you are not there, Mark? I meant nobody keeping an eye on the connection not somebody just watching it happen :-)

formatting link
Reply to
mikey

I'm never "there", I have 1 database being fed from 8 download servers and

20 workstations 4 floors up. The database has over 200,000 accounts on it.

Trust me Mikey it just works.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

It is from the downloader side, someone has to initiate the download. Also do it with DS panels that auto update when they connect to the downloader weekly.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

There's not one at my office is what i mean.

But I've also done scheduled completely unattended downloads too, never had a problem.

| > And conversely, I program hundreds of panels and never ever have had a | > problem...oh sure I've inadvertantly wiped out a panel here or there, but | > have been able to reprogram it in minutes. Never had a panel seize and not | > release a phone line....then again I don't use DSC or Nappy stuff ;-) | >

| > The big boys don't do it because...well you figure that one out...I can | > think of at least 2 reasons. | >

| >

| > | > Its one of the best features of Compass | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | > | *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** | > | *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from | >

formatting link
*** | >

| >

| | | *** Free account sponsored by SecureIX.com *** | *** Encrypt your Internet usage with a free VPN account from

formatting link

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Wow, 38 replies and only 1 can be described as even remotely related to the original post.

Ok, clearly you guys are irritated by non-industry people who ask about alarms. If the topic has been discussed before can you at least post links to the previous discussion. I did search Google Groups before posting and didn't successfully find answers. (and by discussed I mean, really discussed, not 38 replies spiraling into one line cracks and inside jokes).

Reply to
rogue_petunia

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.