Cling Wrap

Sometimes you have to put in a screw in a place that you just can't get your hand in there and if you drop the screw you are totally hosed. I was repairing a broken wire in my boat yesterday and ran into one of those. Of course it's a stainless steel screw so a mag tip wouldn't work.

I couldn't find any of the screw holder screwdrivers I used to have, and it was late enough I wasn't confident in finding one at any stores that would still be open. I considered making one, but thought maybe somebody else would have a better solution. I did a search for DIY screw holding screwdriver or something like that and found a good tip that worked perfectly.

Poke the screw through some cling wrap. Place the screw on the screw driver. Wrap the cling wrap around the screw driver to hold the screw firmly against the tip. Start the screw a couple threads. Pull back the cling wrap and screwdriver to tear the screw through. Remove the cling wrap. Tighten the screw the rest of the way.

Its simple, elegant, works very well, and I wish had thought of it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Neat idea.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jim

Okay, that's friggin' brilliant and would have helped me out many times in the past - had I been smart enough to think of it...

Just hope I'm smart enough to remember it the next time I'm in such a spot.

Thanks for passing it on, Bob.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Nice tip.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.