Ok... I'm done - Tri-Ed has no redeeming qualitites

Tri-Ed has officially gone on the only if nobody else on the face of the planet has it list.

Good job Dana. No clue where you sent my batteries, but I sure as heck didn't get them. That was the last straw. Of course Keith's attitude, and unwillingness to remedy the situation and you leaving me on terminal hold finalized any chance you ever had of doing much business with The Security Consultant.

I've been nice, tried to buy a few things from you guys, and put up with tons of mistakes, but either you really screwed up this time or Keith tried to lay on the worst c*ck & bull story I have heard in a couple years or more likely both.

In fact, why don't you just go ahead and close my account. I won't need it anytime soon.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I'm not surprised. We dumped them several years ago after similarly shoddy performance. Then one day a new rep called me. It turned out this moron used to work for one of my competitors in Connecticut. On sales calls he routinely bad-mouthed every competitor, including me. I don't think he ever beat me on a sale. Jerks like that rarely win. When the idiot realized I knew who he was he mumbled some nonsense about how he used to "kid" people about my company. I'll be sure to give him my orders real soon. Right! :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I had nothing but bad experience with them when they were in Pittsburgh did

3 transacti>>
Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

z_6.3436@trnddc06...

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

RHC: I wonder if perhaps it isn't a regional thing. I use Tried here in Ottawa and have had no difficulties whatsoever with them or the staff. Perhaps others could comment from other parts of Canada

But you gotta go where they respect your business and give you the service in return. There's no excuse for bad service at either end of our business.

Reply to
tourman

Funny you should mention Tri-Ed. I was just thinking about posting this earlier. An installation crew went to pick up some parts there just yesterday. That is NOT how it is done typically. Usually the routine is that parts are picked up first, checked in receiving, punched in the computer as inventory (and matched to the PO at that time), and THEN labeled for the job and staged for the job in the shelves for that crew. Screw up happen even then, but not that often. There was a time crunch (because one of the sales guys has been bagging like two residential sales a day - and we don't even do residential sales typically) so the crew went directly to Tri-Ed (with the printed PO in hand) for an NX8V2 (and the rest of the gear necesssary for the installation). The installation crew was handed an NX6 (but charged for an NX8V2 anyway). Installation crews just install what they are given and aren't used to having to check the parts list. I didn't find out about the screw up until they came back and asked me to upload and program the "NX6". Then the fur went flying. Today they have to go back and get the NX8V2, uninstall the NX6 and go on from there. Tri-Ed said "keep the NX6 for your trouble". I am sure Tri-Ed thought they were being generous, but with the hours wasted on our end it simply doesn't add up to JUST the cost of an NX6. Is it that hard to tell an NX6 from an NX8 if you're a parts guy and that is all you do all day? It must be since their excuse at Tri-Ed was "man, those GE boxes all look just the same". All I can say is, Wow, just Wow.

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message news:47a2b15a$0$16010$ snipped-for-privacy@free.teranews.com...

Reply to
Roland Moore

The people here have been fantastic over the years. Most of our problems involved DSC and their forced field "beta testing" policy on new panels (us guys in the field are forced to find all the bugs so they can release a "revised" panel). :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

You mean after they asked you for your Florida licensing information and you couldn't provide it??

Reply to
Frank Olson

I haven't been into a Tri-Ed for over a year. Same problems time after time, and management doesn't care.

Reply to
alarman

Got a call from Eastern Distributing yesterday. Anyone using them? Good/Bad?

Reply to
alarman

Reply to
Just Looking

Used to use them. Don't recall a lot of problems. They tended to creep up pricing on you though. Finally I just went to getting prequoted pricing from my more regular vendors.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

RHC: Yeah Frank, that about sums it up for me as well. It has been about 10 years since I actually installed a new DSC system from scratch because of these weird sorts of things that occur with DSC panels. I takeover loads of them though, and it seems virtually all the real trouble calls I have come from DSC products, with Paradox a LONG way behind. I wish I had a buck for every weird problem solved by the old trick of "power down and back up" - something's gotta be wrong with their firmware.

I even had a DSC 832 catch fire on me ! The customer called me (a large commercial account) saying there were noxious fumes creeping out of the control room and coming from the alarm panel. The rectifier on the board had shorted out and caught fire and destroyed the panel, the Skyroute unit, and a few other things close by. Later I took the board back to DSC and the factory rep happened to be there, and asked for the board to examine what had happened to it back at the factory. He promised to replace the board but I never saw or heard from him again. Thinking back, I suspect they were simply trying to eliminate the evidence that could get them sued for a defective product (or at least that's what my cynical nature is telling me....). Either way, he was not a man of his word !!

I'm not really impressed with DSC products overall....

Reply to
tourman

Just face it! What you really hate are small screw drivers.

Reply to
Just Looking

So THATS where those batteries came from...

Reply to
Mark Leuck

They'll quote you good prices but not as good as some of the others. Service is good. Staff know what they're doing.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I use Eastern as my primary go to place. They have a branch near me which is their HQ, which is 15 mins from me. I dumped ADI to go to Eastern. I used to use King Alarm. A couple of the guys from King went to work for eastern, one is now VP. Got a call one day from my former counter guy at King, to go buy at Eastern. Been with them since. Course they refuse to care Stealth products GSM1650 Radios, So I have to buy them from Alarmax.

Reply to
ssokoly

ROFL!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

No I really like the small DSC screw drivers. One of the better quality cheap premiums available. I note however that GRI's cheap screw drivers have improved slightly as well, (slightly).

All that being said, I carry a changable miny tip screw driver in my tool bag.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Ah, so that's where Firelite learned it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Interesting... We install DSC and Ademco on about a 50/50 basis. I don't get a lot service calls that relate to equipment failure (other than battery replacements). Most of mine involve a new customer "taking over" the equipment when the buy the store/home or addtions to the coverage already provided. Then there's the lady that decided to paint all her motion detectors and wondered why the little lights weren't coming on any more. :-)

If you're adding Skyroute and a "few other things", you've probably overloaded the aux supply. That happens really fast when you start calculating "alarm load" not "standby". I'd suggest upgrading the equipment and adding the supervised power supply on anything you have with Skyroute.

He probably forgot about you. That tends to happen to reps with a lot on their mind. Working for DSC isn't the "cakewalk" a lot of us might think it is (particularly as a regional sales rep).

I would have called him up to remind him of the incident. Like I said, I don't tend to think badly of people unless they've clearly demonstrated bad intentions.

Well... They're still hard to beat feature wise (and for ease of end-user operation). That having been said, I still haven't forgiven them for the PC-3000 fiasco. We wound up changing out about 370 chipsets (at our expense). It's the primary reason we started using Ademco.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.