CADDX NX-8

I am an home owner with an existing brinks system in my home that previous owner put in 5 years ago.

I am going to remove the brinks system but use the existing wiring and the door/window sensors. I will replace the control panel and keypad. Is it possible to reuse the siren and smoke detector from the brinks system?

I have looked at a few options and I am thinking of getting the CADDX NX-8 with the NX-148E control panel.

Any opinions about this unit? I will be doing the replacement myself and possibly with the support from the vendor I am getting it from, and this NG.

Initially I will be using it as a local system but definitely would consider monitoring service in the future.

Reply to
jeremy_ho
Loading thread data ...

caddx uses spks also. or can be selected for voltage out in program.

Reply to
joe

that's a nice feature to have when doing takeovers, I was glad they kept it when they went to the NX series. joe

Reply to
joe

Brinks uses speakers, not self contained sirens. You can either install a siren driver, or replace it. Your smoke detector should be compatible if it is a 4 wire smoke.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I forgot about that. I thought that was just a Ranger Series option.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Hi, what is the difference between the NX-8 and the NX-8E? Is it only the number of zones? 48 vs 192?

Reply to
jeremy_ho

The differences in the NX8E / NX8:

192 / 48 total possible zones 192 / 16 possible wireless points 240 / 99 total user codes 512 / 185 total events in buffer 32 / 24 maximum number of keypads. (Jeez) Yes / Optional printer support (built-in serial port) Yes / No addressable smoke detectors

js

Reply to
alarman

also

2 amps aux power vs 1 w/ 40 VA xfrmr. 240 users vs 99.
Reply to
joe

Good to know. Where did you get the info, my matrix must be old. js

Reply to
alarman

192 / 48 wireless points 32 / 32 keypad 30 / 20 preconfigured zone types Y / N early open late close Y / N end of line resistor defeat Y / N zone activity monitor Y / N daylite saving clock
Reply to
joe

More user codes, option of using 2 relays or 4 pgm outputs, a few other things

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Some of that has carried over to the v2 NX-4/6/8

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cool. Thanks. js

Reply to
alarman

formatting link
then click on compare

Reply to
joe

you're welcome joe

Reply to
joe

Hi, one more question about the NX-8's feature. Is it possible to call up via phone to check the status of the alarm, and possibily disarm, or arm, or even enable extra output like turn on the light, close the garage door, etc?

Reply to
jeremy_ho

NX 540 E 'operator' telephone interface module. controls panel on or off site with touch tone phone. controls up to 32 x-10 modules with an X-10 Pro psc04 interface module

Reply to
joe

Yes if you have a modum and software Are you the installer

Reply to
Rich

You don't need a Modem, all you need is the NX-540 module..........

You can purchase one online here

formatting link
.... Or at any other online security parts store......... Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Say what? Of course you can do those with the downloader

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.