C & K 238 Programming Mode question

I am trying to get into programming mode on my C&K 238 panel with Alpha keyboard. The panel was originally supplied by AAA - but since I cancelled monitoring they don't seem to want to help me out.

I have the System 238 Installation Manual & noticed it says that the panel must be in the disarmed state prior to entering programming mode.

My keypad display is showing Ready To Arm System Trouble and when I press the # key - Connection Fail - which I take is because I no longer have monitoring in place.

I tried the default installer code of 012345*01# but when I hit the

• key it came back with invalid pin.

I'm guessing that means AAA changed the installer code to something else - but also wondered if I have to clear out the 'Connection Fail' before I can get into programming mode.

Any tips on how to proceed?

Thanks, Cindy

Reply to
Cindy
Loading thread data ...

Call AAA and speak to a supervisor. Contact the alarm association in your state, and the better business bureau. If all else fails have your attorney send them a letter demanding release of your alarm system. After all you own it.

Jim Rojas

C> I am trying to get into programming mode on my C&K 238 panel with

Reply to
Jim Rojas

monitoring probably doesn't know. you gotta find out who put it in to get the installer code

ususally enter ing your code a few times or turning system on and off a few times will clear it.

1. find the installer code from the installing company. 2. offer to pay for service call if you have to. 3. Jim Rojas. [might be out of order];0
Reply to
GROUP MODERATOR

If you have performed as per the original agreement with AAA, then call them and ask them to set the installer code to default. If you have defaulted on your contract, you will have to make good or don't expect the alarmco to provide you any service. Why did you cancel your monitoring service? js

Reply to
alarman

I cancelled as I wanted to try out an Internet based monitoring company.

Typical Murphy's law - my kids began playing around with the alarm last night & now they seem to have changed my owners code. ... And of course they can't recall what they set it to!!!

After I stop screaming at them I'll try unplugging the power & battery to see if it might reset to the default master code.

Reply to
Cindy

Perhaps they can provide the service you need. Call them and tell them you need them to come out and default/reprogram your panel. js

Reply to
alarman

Well that is a big limitation of the Internet monitoring company - they don't do house calls. If someone can tell me how to reset the panel then I could re-build it back up from scratch (at least I hope I could).

I suppose my alternative is to try the access codes one at a time from

0000 to 9999 - but that seems like a LOT of work. And that assumes they are 4 digits long. I thought I saw somewhere in the installation manual that they could be 5 digits.
Reply to
Cindy

I've only worked on one or two of those many years ago so unfortunately I can't help you default it. Either Jim Rojas or Bob Campbell, both of this newsgroup, will default the panel for you. They charge a nominal fee. You'd have to ship it to one of them. Jim is in Tampa, Florida. Bob is in Canada where everything is under 127.6' of snow right now. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Yes. That must be very convenient for them. js

Reply to
alarman

Your other alternative is to pay for monitoring and service through a local company ...... then you wouldn't have anything like this to worry about.

It's not called Murphy's law. It's called ..... trying to get something for nothing and then finding out that you don't get something for nothing.

This doesn't justify your old alarm company holding back on your codes, but even if you had them, it's very likely that you'd mess up the program because you don't know what your doing. If you'd like to pursue it, you could see an attorney, but you'd have to pay more than it would cost for a replacement panel.

You might want to eat crow and ask your old company to start monitoring you again if they'll come out and reset your panel for free.

Only you can know how far you want to pursue this.

Reply to
Jim

lol :-))

Reply to
Milhouse Van Houten

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.