Help with Fire Fault on Ademco Lynx-R

I just received a Fault on Zone 20, which continues to trip even after I replace the battery. This zone is a Heat Riser Detector in my Landry Room. Could someone walk me through what codes I need to disable this zone? The fault shows up as a Fire Fault and the keypad will not allow me to bypass a fire fault.

I need to disable this zone as I will be travelling soon and my wife will not be able to deal with this in my absence.

Reply to
Jack
Loading thread data ...

did you let it sit for a while without battery before putting in new one?

Reply to
Don

I did not. Don why is this necessary?

Reply to
Jack

the smokes on the old AT&T 8000 would not reset if you put the batteries in quickly. Had to let them sit for a minute or two without batteries before putting in new ones so they would reset. Did you try arming and disarming the panel?

Reply to
Don

With the battery removed from the reciever, I disarmed the system and the response back from the panel is Disarm, Check System, Ready to Arm. But there is still an error message on the panel regarding Zone 20 Fire Fault.

Reply to
Jack

Don it does let me arm the system. I forgot to mention this.

Reply to
Jack

reciever?? the heat is a transmitter. remove battery from heat, let sit for a few minutes, put in new battery, then arm and disarm panel.

Reply to
Don

My mistake. I meant to say I did remove the battery from the heat "transmitter". By the way, after arming the device in Stay Mode with the battery removed from the transmitter, it echoes back "Armed Stay Exit Now .... Then about 15 seconds later without me doing anything, it says Armed Stay, Check System".

Reply to
Jack

code+off, code+off should clear it.

| > the smokes on the old AT&T 8000 would not reset if you put the batteries | in | > quickly. Had to let them sit for a minute or two without batteries before | > putting in new ones so they would reset. Did you try arming and disarming | > the panel? | >

| Don it does let me arm the system. I forgot to mention this. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Crash Gordon, I did give that a try, but it did not get rid of the problem. So after reading the manual and taking a very deep breadth, I entered my Installer Code + 800 *56. I then kept hitting the * key until I got to zone

20 and when "b" popped up I entered 00, which then jump me to option F. I then entered 1 to confirm my previous entry and then pressed * *. I thought the key commands to get out of programming mode was *99. After pressing *99, the keypad would not let me exit programming mode. I had to disconnect my power cord from the wall and I then took off my panel cover. This shut down the system and after waiting for several seconds the system came back up with the wrong time on the panel. Everything else seems to work. I have tested a few doors and windows and the system has not faulted in 30 minutes since the change to zone 20.

Can someone explain what I did wrong when trying to exit *56 Mode?

I'll read the manual to determine how to set the clock to the correct time. Enough for one day.

Reply to
Jack

Sorry can't remember off-hand on *56 exit...I think you do a 00 to quit...I don't usually manually program the Lynx, I use Compass on them.

Sometimes it takes a while for the points (transmitters) to check in after changing batteries, if opening the case to send a tamper doesn't work, I usually power down the system and then bring it back up.

| Crash Gordon, I did give that a try, but it did not get rid of the problem. | So after reading the manual and taking a very deep breadth, I entered my | Installer Code + 800 *56. I then kept hitting the * key until I got to zone | 20 and when "b" popped up I entered 00, which then jump me to option F. I | then entered 1 to confirm my previous entry and then pressed * *. I thought | the key commands to get out of programming mode was *99. After pressing

*99, | the keypad would not let me exit programming mode. I had to disconnect my | power cord from the wall and I then took off my panel cover. This shut down | the system and after waiting for several seconds the system came back up | with the wrong time on the panel. Everything else seems to work. I have | tested a few doors and windows and the system has not faulted in 30 minutes | since the change to zone 20. | | Can someone explain what I did wrong when trying to exit *56 Mode? | | I'll read the manual to determine how to set the clock to the correct time. | Enough for one day. | |
Reply to
Crash Gordon

where'd you come up with arming and disarming with the battery out? Troll maybe?

Reply to
Don

It appears you have to go through all the options for each zone and then when the system moves to the next zone you enter 00 *, then *99 to exit programming mode.

Reply to
Jack

yep thats it.

| > Sometimes it takes a while for the points (transmitters) to check in after | > changing batteries, if opening the case to send a tamper doesn't work, I | > usually power down the system and then bring it back up. | >

| It appears you have to go through all the options for each zone and then | when the system moves to the next zone you enter 00 *, then *99 to exit | programming mode. | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Once you've changed the battery in the heat sensor's transmitter, make sure the cover is secure. Power down your system. Wait 30 seconds. Power back up. Hit your "code" and "off" twice. Your system should read "ready".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.