Is CSID of the alarm panel stored in company's customer computer record

Looks like this newsgroup is dead.

Is the CSID of an alarm panel stored in the service provider's customer computer record to which customer service representatives has access to ?

Reply to
Brent
Loading thread data ...

Yes.

Reply to
Stanley Barthfarkle

Dont bother with security alarm systems and video surveillance systems.

NSA and FBI PSYCHOPATHS have 50,000 american civilians as SPIES on their unoffical payrolls. These SPIES are working as customer service representatives in pretty much EVERY AMERICAN CORPORATION including ADT, Brinks, AT&T, MCI, SPRINT, T-Mobile, Verizon, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Boeing, etc.

These NSA and FBI SPIES can easily access your RECORDS in ADT and the phone company records and RE-PROGRAM and MANIPULATE your door alarm panel systems and video surveillance systems and ENTER your HOME without YOU knowing it and install whatever SURVEILLANCE DEVICES they want in your home.

They will CUT OFF electricity to your home, cut off INTERNET ACCESS, hack into your computers and INSTALL BUGS and KEY LOGGERS and there is absolutely NOTHING YOU can do to PROTECT yourself, your family and loved ones and your privacy. They will SEXUALLY HUMILIATE, ABUSE and TORTURE you in FASCIST AMERICA and then go and MURDER 100,000 non-americans by SHOUTING "FREEDOM" and "DEMOCRACY" a MILLION TIMES on TV to FOOL, DECEIVE and MANIPULATE the AMERICAN PROGRAMMED SLAVES and the rest of the world.

Reply to
McGinn

Is ademco system better than GEs Concord Express ?

One of the local installers that I am shopping around told me but I want to make sure from the security experts here.

Reply to
Brent

LOL, Ademco has a wide variety of panels from very basic to very complex just like all the other manufacturers. For you the quality of an Ademco panel depends on how well you define what you want to your installer, and how good they are at installing that line of panels.

"So, you guys any good?" LOL.

Personally I don't care for Ademco, but there are some very good installers here who use them with good success. To be honest I have half a dozen Ademco takeovers and I really have not had any problems with them after I fixed whatever was initially wrong when I took them over.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The rep is trying to sell me that Ademco Vista 10P is a heavy hitter and better than Concord Express.

As I mentioned in a prior thread I am looking for an installer to program my panel so I get page notifications when the system is armed or disarmed and the other reports mentioned here.

On page 14 of the users manual there was some information about "Notification by Pager" that sends "high level reports" to the pager about AC power fail, cpu back in service, phone failure, sensor alarms, sensor tamper, receiver failure, receiver jam, touchpad tamper etc.

I would really appreciate if you can suggest which Ademco system is better so I can ask the installer for the same. I am going to take refund from the previous installer and at least make sure the new installer is knowledgeable about programming the panel with the features I want before signing the contract.

Reply to
Brent

The newsgroup is the slowest its been in years. As long as McGinnn is hanging around with his nonsense, most of us just don't want to bother.

To answer your question, the CSID of the alarm panel is set during downloading. You cannot set it manually. Generally the CSID is common to the alarm company and all that companies accounts carry the same CSID it obtains up when downloaded too.

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Brent, The vista 10 is about as basic as it comes. Get the Vista 10/e or the Vista

20/e.
Reply to
Allan Waghalter

We shouldnt be bothered by McGinn or anybody else. We should continue to do what we do on this newsgroup or for that matter any group.

So does it mean if you know the CSID of ADT for example, you as a security expert can re-program and download to my panel remotely provided you are privy to other information of my panel, my account# etc.

Reply to
Brent

Allan,

Do I need Vista 10e or Vista 20e for my needs ?

This is what I am looking for

"Notification by Pager" that sends "high level reports" to the pager about AC power fail, cpu back in service, phone failure, sensor alarms, sensor tamper, receiver failure, receiver jam, touchpad tamper etc. and opening and closing reports

and

integrate the door alarm system with my CCTV cameras and DVR.

Reply to
Brent

If the model number on your chip has "ADT" in the number, then this has a proprietary firmware on board and you have to use the special ADT version of the software to access it. The panel is not expensive. If it is an ADT proprietary system, then the easiest thing to do is replace the board. Your keypads can stay the same and everything else can still be used. Then any of the dealers you contact can easily program the system for you via telephone. For that matter, most any of us in the News Group would be glad to help with the programming. Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Depends on the Ademco panel, the Concord Express is a crippled version of the original V1 Concord and will soon be discontinued.

I can do just about anything with a Vista-15P

Reply to
Mark Leuck

One other thing, the Concord Express is much easier to program however that is at the expense of flexibility, the Express can't do a lot of things as well as other panels because of this

Reply to
Mark Leuck

The 10se or 20se are the older models, you need the 10P, 15P or 20P

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Can you make it send a 24 hour dialer test on two phone lines using less than 3 relays? and what Tom said too

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

Really? Not my customer service reps!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I use a different CSID for each panel, dunno if ADT does...but probably...so you'd probably not be able to do it, even if you had ADT's proprietary software.

| > Regards, | > Allan | | | | | So does it mean if you know the CSID of ADT for example, you as a security | expert can re-program and download to my panel remotely provided you are | privy to other information of my panel, my account# etc. | | | | | >

| >> Is the CSID of an alarm panel stored in the service provider's customer | >> computer record to which customer service representatives has access to ? | >>

| >>

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Brent, I agree with Mark. I am primarily a Napco dealer and only come across Ademco on takeovers and outside service. He is right, the new "p" series is the way to go. Go to the Ademco web site

formatting link
and check the features to see if it does what you want. There is not enough cost differential to justify your buying the older series. Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

Not only that but I can have it squeeze lemons in the schedules

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.