Need advice on programming Ademco 5804 key transmitter for the Vista 15 panel

Hello,

I just bought an Ademco wireless key transmitter (5804) online for use with an Ademco Vista 15 system. I tried calling our "service provider" to have them help me program it, but they said since I didn't purchase it from them, they cannot help me, but they can send a subcontractor out who will charge me about $200 to do it.

The wireless key transmitter came with a 1 page installation and setup guide, which I have read through a few times, but it seems like it's missing some information (or maybe I need to also have the Vista 15 installation manual in order to program this myself?)

So, my question is, can I program this myself, or am I attempting to do something that only trained professionals should attempt? :-) If this is something that shouldn't be attempted by me, can you please tell me how can I find someone locally who can do this for less than $200 (seems steep?)

Any help/advice you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jennifer

Reply to
jwelkhouri
Loading thread data ...

Unless you have the installer code for your system you can't do it. If you are being monitored, you should not be poking around in programming because it is quite easy to mess something up.

$200 is ridiculous. Tell your "service provider" to call the panel up and program the key for you, all you'll need to provide is the serial number.

Reply to
G. Morgan

a charge of 200$ for programming a keyfob is way too much,and since the keyfob can be programmed by remote download of the panel,this is crazy....

a 25$ for a download and programming of the keyfob would be good deal for both the monitoring company and you...

it would be nice to tell us what company is that...I have a feeling its ADT but I could be wrong...

check with your company when your contract end what is the minimum time you can tell them you wont renew your contract,and if they don't want to program the keyfob ,wait till your contract end and ask an other company to monitor your system,they will have to reprogram parts of the data,and in the same time they will be more then happy to program your keyfob(specify this was the primary reason why you switch)

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Petem

This is a download event not a service call. With few exceptions I wouldn't charge $200.00 bucks to program an entire residential panel, let alone a simple key fob. If you are worked up enough about it tell the dispatcher at the central station you're not sure but you THINK you may have been robbed, but the alarm didn't go off, and you'd like to talk to someone in management about it. That should get you a CYA call from someone high on the food chain at the alarm company. Tell him (or her) your story (with a sense of humor) that you feel like you've been had and have him break down his costs for you so you can see how he gets to $200.00. It should shame them into doing it for free. If he sticks to his guns on that price tell him you going to have all your female friends mail in their panty hose to the sales manager so the sales folks at his company will have the appropriate head gear to wear on appointments.

Reply to
Roland Moore

HAHAHHA. I ***love*** the responses from everyone. You guys are a great help!

I will try calling back with the "I am going to cancel you" threat. It is ADT. And I will actually be switching monitoring services once the contract DOES expire because they are just awful. I just cancelled them for my home monitoring service (this other service is for a hair salon).

I def> This is a download event not a service call. With few exceptions I wouldn't

Reply to
jwelkhouri

Also, if anyone has any information on how I can find a contractor that could program the wireless key transmitter in the Northern Virginia area, I would be most appreciative.

Thanks, Jennifer

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
jwelkhouri

Reply to
Roland Moore

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.