Bwahahahahahahahahahaha

Today's "SPAM"

Honeywell Commercial Security, "It's Time to Grow THE SECURITY CONSULTANT's Business and Bottom Line"

Just a little late to the table doncha think. Heck tomorrow I might get an apology from Rob Blaire at Optex. LOL

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Honeywell, lost all my respect many, many, many, moon's ago.. You ever get nostalgic for the ole days of ADEMCO and the 1000 panels..?. RTS

Reply to
RTS

I never really did Ademco panels. Just a few takeovers and the horrible hydrid abomination. The FBII HC41.

I went from DSC to FBII (I used FBII until, well Ademco) to Napco. The Napco MA panels sucked pretty hard, and almost ruined Napco for me. Couldn't use zero? REALLY? The Gemini panels were my main stay for most of my time in the business. I tried to go back to DSC once, but found them confusing and disorganized compared to PC programming (or even keypad programming) a Napco Gemini. I used a lot of other stuff over the years as well, but I put in a LOT of Napco Gemini panels.

I like Caddx NX8E panels too. I hated the Caddx Ranger.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

first guy I worked for, we did 95% ademco, all models, after the 4080 failures he switched to Adcor/Acron. then later over to Moose... When I went out on my own, I continued with the Moose line.. Then switched over to Electronics Line (from Israel) Electronics line even had me do a tech paper on their poorly designed telephone fusing system.. (go figure, they were using 60vdc on board one shot fuses) Did fine till the phone rang.. HAHA couldn't handle 90vac.. Did some Firelite, Silent Knight, fire panels We did some Caddix, Rokonet, Napco, Radionics, DMC, burg. panels Nearing retire, I worked some with my first guy's son, he was sold on 100% FBI.. Even had some homebuilt stuff in the early 80's.. Best I ever used was the Moose, Z700 & Z900, and the iron maiden their MPI-25 & 50.. Talk about taking a licking and still ticking. I had a MPI-50 hit by lighting 3 times, and kept working.. Destroyed everything else in the building except the panel.. The absolute worst panel I ever touched was the Ademco 4080.. Ever was a dog that one was it.. We installed 48 one summer and by Christmas we had replaced 46.. But every installer has stories to tell, if he's be in the business any length of time... RTS

Reply to
RTS

Batteries!

I tried several brands of batteries and always went back to Yuasa. The worst was probably Interstate. I always tried to do business locally if I could, and one year I tried Interstate from a local dealer. THEY SUCKED. Every box had atleast one bad, and a few that were discharged pretty badly. 60% had to be replaced within a year. 100% within 2 years. When the dealer tried to give me a hard time about replacing them he tried to twist it around so it was my fault. Unless something specifically and definitively caused it I never had to replace a Yuasa in less than three and then only rarely. Most lasted over 5 and there might be some out there that are over 10. Even the "new" Yuasa was good.

Vern Alderman at one of the various companies he worked at over the years tried to tell me I could make more money on service calls if I used cheap batteries. I used to buy nothing but Yuasa from him when he was at ADI. I told him nickle and diming my customers was not my goal. My goal was to sit back with my feet on my desk raking in RMR checks or just go fishing.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Yuasa was the go to brand.. then they sold out.. their still a good battery, but I have had a few questionable ones since they changed manufacturing locations... Progress, original owners retiring, investment scalpers, these are the things that can ruin a quality product... RTS

Reply to
RTS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.