Six Years (2023 Update)

Six years since I burned out on contracting and shut it down. I don't miss it. I ran across this picture on my fishing website in a pictures directory. I enjoyed making that sign more than displaying it I think. December 1993 until December 2016. Full time running CNC Molds N Stuff ever since. Thanks Les.

formatting link

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Wow Bob!!!

That is very beautiful!!! Very nice chunk of wood!! aka Mahogany Good JOB!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

So? Do you still have it or is it firewood? I would have kept it. But, - - - - then, I never throw anything away. Ya just never know when your going to need something sometime. In spite of the fact that my wife is Ms. "throw-it-away" . Through the years, I've kind-of wondered why I don't like to throw things out. Two reasons have occurred to me. One, is that I just see a value in something that has been wrought by the hand of anyone. Even a simple screw. There's value in my labor and I place that same value on things made by others. Things can be re=used and/or repurposed. I've wondered if I inherited that from my (Depression era) parents or is it something that's just part of my make up - - - - or not. Secondly, and especially at this stage of my life, I've wondered and sometimes actually have used it as a "reminder" of places, things, jobs, accomplishments (and failures) that I've experienced. In other words it expands my memory. . If so, I have a chronicle of my life down in my basement and the paperwork to back it up. :->>

Reply to
Jim Davis

Its on a shelf above the TV in the living room. It doesn't look like that anymore though. My son thought it needed to be stained... SIGH!

LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

First off, sorry that I have been among the missing. The Brain has been preoccupied.......................

Jim, your excuse of collecting of STUFF is Right On with my basement!! I am troubled trying to find a way to clean things up. Maybe we should start a small junk store in New Jersey that would be about half way between US. We could sell the STUFF and have a place to put our new collections. Then again........... maybe not!!!!

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I have a feeling that New Jersey would become just another warehouse in tribute to the cause. . We could call it " I'd Rather Have it and Not Need It then Need It and Not Have It" Warehouse. . And one of Murphy's laws would take over. "If you have a space you'll fill it"

But I know what you mean. I don't have a space to sort things out in. I'd like to just scoop everything up and dumpsterize it but I just can't bring myself to do it. Jeeeeeze

Reply to
Jim Davis

I resemble that remark. When I built my shop (just intended as a warehouse and small office then) it felt so huge. Now it feels way to small.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I like that one. However, the other is as follows.

"Horizontal Flat Surfaces are the scourge of everybody's space."

I suggested to my wife that we should place a 30 degree slopes on all tables and counters. That way every thing would slide off onto the floor and we would have to pick it up and place it a proper place!!

Reply to
ABLE1

HSD is an affliction.

For those who would throw a temper tantrum and stomp their fight while hissing through their teeth about acronyms instead of employing their actual two brain cells and thinking for a 40 thousandth of a second...

HSD is Horizontal Surface Disease.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

That wouldn't make any difference. My basement would look exactly the same with all the stuff lying on the floor just off the edge of the shelves and tables. And I'd eventually just nail a board on the low end of the shelves to stop stuff from sliding off. . A number of years ago a terrible event ruined my process. My son decided to help me out and go down and "straighten up" the basement. I wasn't home at the time. So thinking he's doing the right thing, he keeps the piles together but he doesn't realize that as he's taking all the stuff from the old piles and moving them to clear spots in the basement that it "looked" neater but it wound up that all the most recent stuff that was at the tops of the old piles are now at the bottom of the new piles. . It completely screwed up my location radar in my head of where things were located if I wanted them. Took me years to recreate a rough new location map in my head. There's stuff that I remember is down there but I don't know where it is anymore. . Damn! "Leave your freakin hands off my STUFF ! And - - - - - I know that my wife (Ms Neat !) was behind all of it too ! "Why don't you put everything away?" "Why don't you get more shelves?" "Why don't you surprise your Dad?" . GAAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.