I Did a Service Call

A few months ago one of my old customers whom I am also socially acquainted called me on my cell to ask if I had a keypad for his alarm. One of the numbers had become unreliable. As it happens I did. Brand new in a rather shelf worn box. I sold it to him for a song, and when he picked it up I showed him how to pop it off the back plate, and wire it up. I even gave him a quick wire splicing lesson, and handed him a few Super B connectors. I figured it would be no big deal for him. Its generic small panel as such things go. Not a lot of excess wires, and he is a retired air conditioning tech/owner. He also did a fair bit of electrical wiring in his career. Both supplemental and primary.

A couple weeks ago he called me and asked me what I would charge him to come install the keypad for him.

Blink! Blink!

At first I thought he was pulling my leg. He was serious.

It took me longer to round up the tools for my tool pouch (didn't really need them) then it did to swap the keypad for him. I didn't even power down the system.

I try to get out, but they drag me back in.

I decided not to charge him for a service call. Instead he owes me one. I haven't decided how I'm going to cash in that favor yet, but its going to be good. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Careful Bob, He could tell 10 people what you did and they could tell

10 more and before you know it the world will be on your door step looking of a favor!!! :-) or maybe :-(

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

And I can always say, "Go pound sand." What are they going to do? Take their business elsewhere? Okay.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Isn't this just proof positive that " No good deed goes - - - - etc etc "? . Here's my take on it. " Good deeds usually make the giver feel better than the recipient" . So, in other words, if you don't know the person well enough (or even if you do) to want to suffer the possible consequences, . OR .

- - - the possibility of you ever getting something in return is to remote - - - - - find a good reason to not comply with "doing someone a favor"

Such as " Nope. Sorry, I don't have anymore of those keypads." . But - - - - then again, I'm an only child and rather selfish.

Reply to
Jim Davis

It is what it is. I'm not worried about it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Know what you mean, . At my age I've more imminent (that's with an " i " not an " e " ) things to be "worried " about like health, longevity and according to my wife - - - taking out the garbage and keeping my "stuff" off the dining room table.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.