Brink's money talks.

Rumors: In most of the market Brink's operates in it is simply a residential burglar alarm vendor as everyone knows. However, Brinks is now entering the world of small commercial business as well. In Dallas and Houston there are Brinks small commercial offices that have opened. These units are successful in the market place. By Brinks selecting equipment known to be easy to install and program, Brinks seems to be finding a niche. Brinks is going to expand the small commercial operation nationally. Florida is most likely the next target. Because of the small commercial operation, Brinks can now add Bosch to the list of manufacturers under their financial influence. I believe this is mostly through the AEC line currently, but who knows what else is coming? Me transmitte sursum, Caledoni! Brinks is moving into the market of the integrator, albeit in a small way. Unlike ADT where there are a list of angry customers too long to list, Brinks seems to be doing well by taking small bites and gearing its offering to the low skill level of its workforce. Knowing what it has as a skill set to work with, Brinks insists on complete training for anyone involved with the product. So instead of seeing where ADT has been to make new customers out of ADT's angry customer base; following a Brinks small commercial salesman could lead to sales as their customer base outgrows Brinks offerings, or is simply too large out of the chute. Unlike the Brinks burglar alarm panel market, so far what Brinks sells in small commercial is the same bill of fare as a regular dealer can offer. In this case AEC is available through ADI, which is funny in a way since Honeywell offers its own brand of web based access control. Although Brinks in the residential marketplace is viewed with a suspect rating, so far none of the big boys have too much bad to say about their small commercial operation. I wonder what legal torment is in store for the smaller dealers that get an old Brinks customer, for whatever reason. Unlike the residential market Brinks makes its living from, there are some big boys like JCI, Stanley, and others that may pony up instantly when Brinks wants to go to court. It may be time to find a good skirt to go hide under now, or set aside a couple hundred thousand to keep them off you. In the meantime, and to Jim especially "Noli nothis permittere te terere".

Reply to
Just Looking
Loading thread data ...

"someone" has no clue what they're talking about!! damn near every sentence in this "story" is untrue....

Reply to
BDEBJ

Makes good storyline though...maybe Stephen King will make a movie about it.

Jim Rojas

BDEBJ wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I didn't use the word story in the post. And, for the record, no one is saying what I called a story in earlier posts is a story anymore, even Mark Leuck. It did happen the way I said it did, although Leuck disputes the term "hush money" to describe the payment for the event and seems to think there is no reason on earth why he should have known about the event, other than originally being certain it didn't happen. To me that alone suggests that he felt he should be in a position to know to be able to say it didn't happen. But at least he can't say that anymore. He has been mum on why the policy that caused it in the first place wasn't challenged earlier, especially by him. In fact he has not acknowledged anything about the status of the policy that may well be in force as we speak. How reassuring for customers!

So instead of saying everything is wrong or untrue in the post, pick one aspect at a time please and let's figure out the truth. I know my sources, and so far have no reason not to trust them, perhaps I should according to you? So what in your eyes is erroneous in the post?

1)Brink's has offices in Houston and Dallas geared to small commercial operations, distinct from its regular residential sales operations? 2)Brink's uses Bosch's AEC for access control? 3)Brink's has an interest in expanding small commercial offices like the two currently in Texas nationwide, most likely to Florida next?
Reply to
Just Looking

I think Stephen King writes his own stuff. It would be nice to think that someone like that would find an interest in anything I wrote. But tech talk is probably not really big on his reading list I suspect. I have never been a fan of his writing, it's way too unsettling to read. If I want to think of something spooky, I always have my ex mother in law to contemplate, especially with Halloween coming up. If I dig her up would you take her to Dallas with you? Park her wheelchair on Brink's side of the courtroom for laughs. Pull a Norman Bates and tell the judge she said she wanted to sit there because the view was better. Don't worry about getting caught, so far corpse abuse is only a misdemeanor in Texas I am told. If the judge asks questions about why you did what you did, you can say my mommy told me to, and point towards the wheelchair. On the other hand, an ordeal like that with Brinks I believe would be a bigger draw for Stephen King's attention to write a story about.

Reply to
Just Looking

In my opinion:

1. Brinks may be in serious financial trouble. They are looking for new avenues of RMR. Why not steal commercial accounts from ADT? All's fair right? We all know ADT doesn't really need the money anyway.
  2. Their attrition rate finally hit the double digits. A huge increase from last years numbers, according to trade magazine sources.
  3. Brinks parent company was forced to sell off part of the holdings to stay afloat.
  4. Mark Leuck says there is no number 4.
  5. According to many financial reports, the word on wall street is that Brinks is ripe for a hostile takeover.
  6. Brinks maybe suffering from ENRON syndrome. Brinks may be planning a merger or a white elephant sale. They need to trim the fat now before the shit hits the fan.
  7. Wayne Hyzinga might be persuaded to buy Brinks a contingency lick it & flip it basis.
  8. ADT just may be stupid enough to buy back all the accounts they lost to Brinks...but I have been proven wrong before.

Jim Rojas

Just Look>> damn near every sentence in this "story" is untrue....

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Item number one is a bit funny. Large suppliers seem ecstatic with Brinks for its prompt payment. Generally when companies are struggling financially they tend to stretch their accounts payable. This doesn't seem to be the case at present with large vendors I have spoken to about Brinks. I will make some further inquires. RLB might know more about manufacturers acting afraid of how much they have extended to Brinks. Direct suppliers we have don't deal with Brinks much and the few that do say only very good things about Brinks payment history. They certainly don't say that about us all the time, especially when we go on credit hold! Item # 2, I can't say anything about really. I wasn't trying to get into their business, I was commenting on them getting into mine. Double digit rates of attrition don't seem to suggest a sustainable business model. Ours seems to be at less than one percent per year. But for some reason you can never get rid of the customers you really want to get rid of. For number 3, what did they sell and when did they sell it? That is funny you would say that. about item #5. I keep hearing that TYCO cut itself up into three and the branch that includes American Dynamics is going to make a big purchase. Brinks? I would guess some other manufacturer. But who? If Brinks is suffering an Enron problem then you need to keep a seat warm for them in the Dallas courthouse. Trim the fat? I think that what my doctor told me. Brinks too? Who would have thought that? Item 7, seems like there are always speculators winning big, or the other way around. Item 8, ADT buys Brinks accounts? Wow, that is going to make for a lot of take over possibilities for companies (that like residential accounts) to grab up.

"Jim Rojas" wrote in message news:47155942$0$16498$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

Reply to
Just Looking

no

not yet

no....see #1

Reply to
BDEBJ

I'm still waiting for you to answer that last part and you can dispute the term hush money all you want but that doesn't make it true

What exactly is my position? You have no idea, instead you seem to think everyone should know all about your problems

Which policy? You haven't answered that one either, you just like to cry like a little boy spouting sour grapes

I now await your 1,000 word rebuttal that says nothing

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Brinks is not in any financial trouble and every company looks for new avenues of RMR

BAX was barely profitable which is why they sold it off, they've been wanting to do that for years

I wouldn't count on that being the case, they have 1 shareholder wanting Brinks to sell off the security division which in my opinion is stupid since nothing will be left

That's wishful thinking

Reply to
Mark Leuck
  1. there are no "offices geared to small commercial operations, distinct from its regular residential sales operations". they have been doing small business installations for years!!! they have PLANS to open "offices geared to small commercial operations, distinct from its regular residential sales operation". but until they actually open the offices, you will continue to be wrong. it does not matter how it "seems" to you.....you are wrong...deal with it.

1. pretty much the same answer as #1......not yet

2. see #'s 1 and 2

">

Reply to
BDEBJ

Thats more than I drink

Which is true, when did I deny a failure occurred?

Let me state again since you are apparently a little slow

1. You stated they paid hush money which has been denied however since you choose to call it that it must be so in your mind
  2. You claimed because of my position (which you don't know what it is) that I must have known about it which was not true
  3. You then claimed because I haven't said anything about it up to that point they must be telling me to keep quiet which was not true

No why should I? It sounds like you haven't either, instead you whine and moan in public forums about it

I don't remotely program panels

Riiiiightttttt

Reply to
Mark Leuck

A what?

Reply to
Mark Leuck

And that depends on if they write a cheque

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Your man, Dubya did that to you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

You mean George is responsible for the credit crisis? Isn't that interesting. Millions of Americans decide to take advantage of greedy banks willing to extend themselves in high risk loans to people with no or poor credit. Yep!!! That's all "Dubya's" fault. You're a schmuck, Bass.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Well is you read stories like the one below it will reinforce your take on it.

formatting link
However the more likely reasons are located in articles like this.
formatting link
Paul Storer, professor of economics at Western Washington University, said the loonie has been gaining strength thanks to the classic supply-and-demand aspect of worldwide resources. ?The amount of money going into Canada is going up,? Storer said. ?There is a great demand on Canada?s export commodities.? Canada is a large exporter of oil and copper, iron and other metals used for energy, transportation and construction around the world, Storer said, and demands for these have been increasing. He also said the more stable Canadian interest rates, compared to the recent cuts by the U.S. Federal Reserve, puts it at a relatively stronger dollar value. But the loonie?s rise won?t go much higher, Storer predicted. And it probably won?t stay this close to the U.S. dollar for long ? maybe five to

10 years, he said ? because Canada?s economy isn?t as competitive in the long run with this high of a value.
Reply to
Roland Moore

I just got a call from a homeowner. He read what Brinks was doing and told Brinks they they lost the sale at his home, and a few of his neighbors that were looking to get systems installed as well...oops!

Jim Rojas

Just Look> Rumors:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

No that isn't the case, currency fluctuates all the time, this makes our exports cheaper and their imports more expensive.

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Our entire economy has been "fluctuating" downward ever since the moron stole the presidency.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.