Honeywell LYNXR-EN Expansion?

Hi,

Can I still get sensors that will work with the LYNXR-EN panel? Anyone know of dealers that I can get them from? I'd like to expand my existing system myself with additional window sensors and perhaps a motion detector.

TIA.

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf
Loading thread data ...

Lynx uses the 5800 series wireless which are still available and current .

Reply to
nick markowitz

How many zones do you have now? There is a limit on how many you can have with the Lynx. You can only add as many 5800 series transmitters that the system will allow.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

How can I tell the number of zones currently configured? I have the programming manuals, etc in PDF form. I think there's still some zones available, but I'm not completely sure.

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf

Don't you have a zone list?

10> Front door 11> Back door

etc....

Reply to
G. Morgan

I'll dig around and see if I can find a list... but I got this installed by Firstline Security. I didn't know better.. suffice to say the reputation you can now read about on alarmsystemreviews.com will not be argued by me.. ;)

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf

After digging around I found that I have 5 zones currently configured. Any idea how many more can be supported?

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf

Is the system still monitored by any company? If so, they will need to add your sensors. Do you have the installer code for the panel? You need it if you are going to DIY.

If you are not being monitored anymore, you also need to change settings to turn off alarm reporting to the central station.

Since you have the manual, see if you can access programming mode. Make sure you read ahead and know how to get out of it without making changes or locking yourself out.

Reply to
G. Morgan

You said you had the manual. That is a ridiculous question to ask, even if you didn't have it. You are not going to get that kind of hand-holding here.

Hope this helps:

formatting link

Reply to
G. Morgan

As if alarmsystemreview.com is considered a good source?

Reply to
mleuck

The domain is registered in Canada. I don't see why they (he) wouldn't be the authority. :)

I've never heard of them (him), but what do I know?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Well the fact they're bankrupt and long gone is probably a better source, how's that?

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf

If you're going to use

formatting link
you should post it and not a tinyurl-ified version of it.

;-)

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf

Thanks for the advice.

Didn't need hand-holding, btw.

I'll call ADT and see if they have any problem with me adding zones to it. Thanks.

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf

Ummm, ADT ..... huh! ..... I'll venture a guess..... the answer is No!

I mean, ..... you didn't actually think that just because you paid for your system that it's "YOURS" .... did you?

Reply to
Jim

HA!

Sadly.. no.. Because I dealt with monitronics before this and they didn't allow it either. And my suspicions were confired. For what would cost me personally about 120 dollars in parts to do they want to charge me 420 dollars to do.

So... if I need a monitored alarm system (for insurance reasons) I guess it is what it is and I have to just bite it...

Thanks guys.

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf

Heh! That would ruin the surprise though. :-)

Reply to
G. Morgan

:-)

Reply to
Joe Wangkauf

RHC: Well....no.....there is another option, and a better one to boot. Shop around for a small, GOOD (and I stress "good"), independant dealer who will provide you a level of ongoing service of a more personal nature. Dealing with any large conglomerate guarantees you will have service troubles at some point. Big companies are just that..BIG...and by their very nature, they aren't set up to care in the same way, and to provide the much more personal level of service that residential accounts should expect and demand. No one can truly say they are happy with any alarm company until you've had to call them for service...

You probably wouldn't be fussing with the kind of problem you have now if you had a proper dealer to look after you. Just another approach to consider.....

Reply to
tourman

The OP should be sure he wont be breaking any "contract" that he has with ADT before venturing into any arrangement with someone else.

ie. The OP should find out what obligtions he has to ADT, when the contract expires, whether it is automatic renewal or if required to notify ADT within some time frame before the end of the contract. What are the laws in his state about contract renewals. (Automatic or must notify) How he should notifiy them or how they are required to notify him, (certified mail, letter) Does the equipment belong to him or ADT etc, etc, etc. After meeting all the obligations when the contract is up and all the built in pit falls and "gottcha's " are addressed in advance, ..... then that puts him free and clear to seek to do business with an alarm company that will give him some personal service.

How many times have we heard stories about end users having done all the right things ..... still being harrassed by these Nationals for payment and balance of contract payment penalties. The customer sends the cancelation letter to one place and the billing department never gets the word and makes all kinds of threats. Takes six months for them to finally go away.

Those "gottcha's" will gettcha every time.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.