Break in charge?

So there is an actual alarm at a location. Cops come. catch the guys. There is no call from the customer so we dispatch a technician to do a courtesy call. The customer says yes you're great, and the alarm worked great but was only concerned about not being billed for a service call, which we hadn't planned to do anyway. So much for a customer appreciating good customer service.

Reply to
Just Looking
Loading thread data ...

Don't worry about it. The customer will tell all their friends about the break-in and the arrest. You can be sure they'll also hear that your alarm system was involved. You'll get the deserved "thank you" in the form of new business from their friends.

We had one particularly nasty customer in CT years ago. When I called her at work one day to inform her that her alarm had rung and the police had the perp in custody she asked, "So, why are you telling me about it?" in an angry tone. I said the police wanted her to come home to sign a complaint so they could press charges. She hung up. :^)

Some years later, after enduring more rudeness than her account was worth, I told my wife to send her a cancellation letter instead of a bill. She called, quite miffed, to ask why and I said we were cutting back.

Customer: "Oh, are you getting out of monitoring service?" Me: "No ma'am, not entirely." Customer: "What are you eliminating? Farmington Valley?" Me: "No ma'am, not entirely." Customer: "Oh, just Simsbury?" [her town] Me: "Not entirely, ma'am." Customer: "Well, just exactly what are you cutting out?" Me: "Your side of your block." For some reason she hung up again. A few years later we bought out a smaller dealer and guess who was one of the clients. We sent her a cancellation letter when her term expired. She didn't call to ask why. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: iI2dnZ3ETdfK-crbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Nice story...too bad its just a story....

have you ever think of writing a fantasy book?

Reply to
Petem

yeah, if people dropped just customers because they didn't like them bAss would never have any!

Reply to
micr0

This story demonstrates your clear inability to deal with people and points to the root cause of your getting out of the business. I have a number of what you would term "rude and obnoxious" customers and have learned to deal with them. We've built our company on honest reliable service. "You pays your dues" and we don't have a problem. I've only terminated customer's services for non-payment (or at their specific request). Both happen so rarely that when one does get terminated, it's a major event. We break out the party favours and the big fish pinata.

Reply to
Frank Olson

It is a chain account. I think we have every location (in our geographic region) that they have already. They have customers to tell, not friends; and we don't do residential that much so it wouldn't do much good to tell them. I can understand the folks there being busy (on a Friday before a three day weekend), but they don't have to act like they want to jump out of the windows for fear of having to sign a (no charge) service ticket.

Reply to
Roland Moore

"The Adventures and Imaginations of Pierre Martel" :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: Tu-dnamiWselQ8XbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Now leave me out of your fantasy....

Reply to
Petem

I seriously doubt anyone fantasizes about you, Pierre.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: nI6dnWGsa7b0KcTbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Now again,talking for every one!

Reply to
Petem

watch out Pete, he was referring to giving blowjobs to Doug in a previous post.

Reply to
micr0

So bAss prefers this:

formatting link
over this??

formatting link

Reply to
Clancy Wiggum

Wrong (as usual). I spoke for myself. Read the statement again.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Don't worry, I am sure I don't look like what he prefer...

And if you don't know what he prefer..I'll tell you

He like fat woman from 3rd world country,he even likes when they have barb....Oups..maybe I am in deep shit.!(even if I don't look like a woman I do have facial pilosity..)

Reply to
Petem

formatting link

that's a way to say it ...

Reply to
Petem

If it makes you feel better to believe that, feel free.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.