Compass First Alert Personality Profiles

Does anyone have the First Alert Personality Profiles for Compass that you can download to me? I did a takeover tonight programming the unit by hand. I expected to confirm my programming with Compass but alas, not profiles for First Alert. Thanks, Allan

Reply to
Allan Waghalter
Loading thread data ...

I was just looking over what I have missed not looking at the NG. WTF? I don't see hardly anything pertaining to the alarm industry and a bunch of kooks jabbering with each other....

Reply to
Allan Waghalter

if you can't find the personality profile...just change the chip on the mobo

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I'm not sure, but wouldn't that require him to reprogram the sucker from scratch?? It might not be worth it for just one customer. If he can find a friendly "First Alert" dealer willing to provide the personality disk for them, it would be a whole lot less hassle.

Reply to
Frank Olson

can't see any dealer giving away the ability to take over their accounts. not even rlb is that dumb.

Reply to
micr0

no you don't have to reprogram at all, you just have to pull the chip without breaking the corners of the socket (hmm-buy a chip puller-don't do it the way i did the first time)

this also works for other pesky personalities

...just providing an alt route if he cant find a personality disc.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That usually won't work on the higher-end panels

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Ademco makes a high end panel?

| > this also works for other pesky personalities | >

| > ...just providing an alt route if he cant find a personality disc. | >

| >

| > "Frank Olson" wrote in | message | > news:03X5i.224672$aG1.7430@pd7urf3no... | > | Crash Gordon wrote: | > | > if you can't find the personality profile...just change the chip on | the | > mobo | > | | > | I'm not sure, but wouldn't that require him to reprogram the sucker from | > | scratch?? It might not be worth it for just one customer. If he can | > | find a friendly "First Alert" dealer willing to provide the personality | > | disk for them, it would be a whole lot less hassle. | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

High end? No. High price? Yes, like the Vista 250 FB at nearly $600.00

Reply to
Roland Moore

whew. i don't go north of the 20 with Ademco stuff anyway.

| >

| >

| > | > this also works for other pesky personalities | > | >

| > | > ...just providing an alt route if he cant find a personality disc. | > | >

| > | >

| > | > "Frank Olson" wrote in | > | message | > | > news:03X5i.224672$aG1.7430@pd7urf3no... | > | > | Crash Gordon wrote: | > | > | > if you can't find the personality profile...just change the chip | > on | > | the | > | > mobo | > | > | | > | > | I'm not sure, but wouldn't that require him to reprogram the sucker | > from | > | > | scratch?? It might not be worth it for just one customer. If he | > can | > | > | find a friendly "First Alert" dealer willing to provide the | > personality | > | > | disk for them, it would be a whole lot less hassle. | > | >

| > | >

| > | | > | | >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

If you're paying nearly $600 *wholesale* for the Vista-250FB something is wrong. I sell that system direct to end users for $623.25.

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

We get a lot of calls for the larger Honeywell (Ademco) systems. End users DIY install everything from the Vista-10P to the Vista-128FBP. The Vista-20P is our most popular panel even though the Napco P9600 is far more powerful and flexible. I think part of the reason for Honeywell's popularity among DIYers is they've had numerous bids from installers offering the same panels. Another reason is they're easier (at least the smaller ones are) to keypad program than anything but DSC.

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I am trying not to mention pricing for fear of being labeled an elitist again. If we are going to the penny I think it is about $100.00 less than what you say you sell it for on your site (panel only ADI pricing). If you are Ademco direct (we're not) it is much less. Since there is no kit for that panel I was thinking of the panel and keypad price in the $600 range.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Heh, don't sweat it. Elitist just means you spend more on your panels than they do.

That's about right.

They offer kits for the 250 but only by special arrangement. ADI will do whatever your Honeywell rep allows them to do. It can be a pain since there's a different rep for each division. Some will strike excellent deals with with you if you can deliver the orders. Others are about as flexible as Chaney on Imodium.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.