Average Response Time

Does anyone here use COPS Monitoring?

We have been trying to figure out how they are calculating their "Average Response Time" of 12.55 seconds. They say "Our response time is audited by an independent firm." (apparently on a yearly basis) but doesn't say what Firm. They did list the name of the auditor a while ago but when we researched it we couldn't find that it acually existed anywhere.

I'd like to contact that Firm to find out what the criteria is so I can provide a fair and honest comparison to our own response time. Wouldn't you all like to see a comparison to know if 12.55 seconds is really an acceptable "response" time or not? Does "response" mean an actual operator picking up the phone and calling to verify or dispatch on a signal, or does it mean the operator simply "picked-up" the signal from the pending alarm list? Maybe you COPS dealers could request the name of that firm from COPS for me? I'd be VERY surprised if you can get a straight answer from anyone, but there is no reason they shouldn't know and tell you since they make such a big deal of it. Even if you are Not a COPS dealer, call them and ask. Inquiring minds want to know.

Reply to
Joe Lucia
Loading thread data ...

The 12.5 seconds is the time it takes for the operator to put his coffee cup down and lean forward getting ready to prepare to push the button.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

It's probably the amount of time it takes from when the transmission is completed until the condition is displayed an operator's screen.

One CS in south Jersey has been saying their average response time is 7 seconds for years. Their software displays an icon on screen when a new call is waiting. They consider that a "response" even though the operator may still be handling a prior signal.

In short, the "average response time" means nothing at all.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

remove "average response time" by anything bAss post and it still make sense!

Reply to
petem

Watchout Pete...Mr. BAss will filter you....

Norm Mugford

I choose Polesoft Lockspam to fight spam, and you?

formatting link

Reply to
Norm Mugford

So what...I don't post for him,I am just trying to put a smile in some of the regular face..

we all need it,and that's cause of bAss

"Norm Mugford" a écrit dans le message de news:

9IdRf.1533$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net...
Reply to
petem

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.