Behavior of Disconnecting Keypad From Ademco 128BP Panel?

When I install my keypads, I have a little pigtail in my tool box I use to ower up the keypads and address them. That way I don't have to run around addressing KP's after plugging in. (most of our installs have at least 2) Then I hook up my programmer buy clips or with the flyleads (rigged up a male end) and with 16 already active I can program away.

Although with never really having to think about the program kp address I have gotten to a job on a monday (forgetting I did a quick service call on my way home friday night on a FA162 system) I took a while trying to figure out why the damned programmer kp wouldn't work.

Reply to
Joe
Loading thread data ...

I hated those pigtails when the 6128/6139's were out now I miss em with the

6150/6160 series
Reply to
Mark Leuck

yah...can they make them damn screws any freekin smaller?

| >

| > Mark Leuck wrote: | >

| > > That'll work too, my suggestion is 23 since with many installations | using | > > multiple keypads one may not know what addresses are being used but 23 | is | > > almost never used | >

| > When I install my keypads, I have a little pigtail in my tool box I use | > to ower up the keypads and address them. That way I don't have to run | > around addressing KP's after plugging in. (most of our installs have at | > least 2) | > Then I hook up my programmer buy clips or with the flyleads (rigged up a | > male end) and with 16 already active I can program away. | >

| > Although with never really having to think about the program kp address | > I have gotten to a job on a monday (forgetting I did a quick service | > call on my way home friday night on a FA162 system) I took a while | > trying to figure out why the damned programmer kp wouldn't work. | >

| > >

| > >>

| > >>Mark Leuck wrote: | > >>

| > >>>

| > >>>

| > >>>>we have to disconnect the keypad in place cause,its at address 16 and | > >

| > > its | > >

| > >>>>the only keypad enabled in the panel.. | > >>>>and as you should know if 2 keypad are connected whit the same ecp | > >

| > > address | > >

| > >>>>they will freeze... | > >>>>

| > >>>>what's dumb about that? | > >>>

| > >>>

| > >>>Whats dumb is not going into programming and enabling another keypad | > >>>location then connecting the programmer set to that address, thats what | > >

| > > I | > >

| > >>>do, usually address 23 | > >>>

| > >>>

| > >>

| > >>We do it in the other direction. Our programmers are always address 16 | > >>and the first keypad on the system starts at 17. | > >

| > >

| > >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.