ADT Alegro question

when i arm it, just as the timer runs down, the word Motion dissapears.but the words Doors and Windows remain. I only have one wireless sensor (the motion detector).I am not using any door or window sensors.

Any suggestons? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
kpwhite
Loading thread data ...

those are zone descriptions. as the exit delay ends the motions sensors would be automatically bypassed if you don't open a door to let the system know you are leaving. This is called stay or home mode. Sound like eveything is ok.

Reply to
Spudz

But when i arm the system and then wait 5 mins then walk in front of the motion detector nothing happens..... shouldn,t the alarm sound? Thanks for the quick responce.

Reply to
kpwhite

Sounds like it's going into auto-stay mode and bypassing the only sensor

Now THATS funny!

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Peace of mind... Good ole ADT

Reply to
G. Morgan

how do i get to 2nd Tier (where Auto Stay Arm is) from the key pad?

Reply to
K.White

No, it shouldn't. The system is programmed to "watch" the exit door after you arm it. If you don't open a door after arming it bypasses the motion detectors because you're home.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That's because the motion detector is BYPASSED if you arm the system and stay inside.

Reply to
alarman

Nothing like that secure ADT feeling. All those ones and zeroes.

Reply to
alarman

How the hell would I know?

Reply to
G. Morgan

totally funny..NO doors or windows and one motion detector?...and the op wants to arm it STAY? Holy cow, ADT sales GURUS are at it again?!!

dumbest thing i heard all day.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hire someone who knows how to do it

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Think about it, who's really dumb with this one? (hint: it ain't ADT)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

In this case, the motion should be programmed as zone type 15... this will have it armed when the "doors and windows" are armed. It will still only say "doors and windows" are armed, but the motion will be armed as well. As far as testing goes, after arming you will need to stay out of the motions range for 3-4 minutes to allow the motion to reset before you set it off. Don't expect the light to flash either.

I agree. Especially when the kits come with 2 doors, a motion, and a keyfob. Also, the DTIM phone module that the Allegro's use is too unreliable to be used. Otherwise I was really starting to like that panel (compared to the Simon 3 anyway).

Reply to
CH®IS

yes, if you had opened an exit door during the exit delay. How come ADT didn't put any door transmitters on this system. If you had a door sensor or 2 then it would work that way. Or get ADT to change the program to eliminate automatic stay mode.

Reply to
Spudz

Can i "arm Zone type 15 only" from the control panel?

Reply to
K.White

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.