Re:Alegro alarm system (from Keith White, original poster.)

I would like to clarify my situation.

A friend of mine sold his home and gave me the panel, motion sensor, codes, key fob,install manual, owners manual.

He prefered to leave the door and window sensors in the home he sold.

so i am attempting to use the motion sensor as the only sensor if its possible.

Sorry for any misunderstandings on my part.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Can i get the panel to recognize zone type 15 only?

Thanks again.

Reply to
K.White
Loading thread data ...

Just turn off the 'auto-stay' function.

You may be able to find a programming manual on "Panelguides.com"

Hopefully your buddy can give you the code to get into programming...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

I found out how to turn off the auto stay in the installers manual. I think when i arm it from the panel i still have to close the door (with the door sensor installed) so that it actually arms?

Reply to
K.White

you dont need a door sensor. you can use just the motion detector. If you arm the alarm system, exit the area where the motion is and wait about 5 minutes then return to the area and the motion should work. Some wireless motions will shut down for a period once they see motion. This is to save the batteries. James

Reply to
James B

OK, i figured it out. I had to go into program mode and delete all sensor zones (1-20) except #17 which is the motion sensor zone. Now the motion sensor works. Thanks to all.

Reply to
K.White

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.