GE ADT ALEGRO problem..

When i arm the system for all 3 sensors (windows ,doors ,motion), after the disarm count down expires the word MOTION dissapears. And SEE STAUS appears. It then shows TROUBLE OPEN

The motion sensor is in the correct group #17.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advanvce.

Reply to
K.White
Loading thread data ...

The problem is that you failed to open the front door showing the system that you are actually leaving. If the system senses than you never left, it will automatically turn off the motion and arm the system in stay mode. Many of the newer systems now do this to reduce false alarms.

Jim Rojas

K.White wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

He doesn't have any doors. He was here a while back with the same problem. He was given the panel by a friend but only got the motion - no door contacts. (K.White, let me know if I got any of that wrong)

We tried to help him turn off AutoStay but I guess we didn't get it.

I think the answer now would be to buy a door contact (5816) and program it in. You don't really even need to put it on a door - just activate it so the motion will arm.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Stand by is turned off.But i will confirm that stand by is still off. the panel was working with just the motion detector but i guess i screwed something up. Thanks once again. My sister sells ADT systems so getting parts is easy but she cant ask their techs for advice.

Reply to
K.White

Somehow i turned on stand by accident. Turned it off and now the motion detector works. Thanks to all.

Reply to
K.White

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.