Concord 4 programming

Hi,

I have 3 level split house with the daylight basement most vulnerable to the intrusion. While I am going to have window/door sensors which will be ENABLED in the STAY mode, I also want to have motion detector enabled in the stay mode (basically when house is armed and we are asleep upstairs) for this room only.

If I put this motion detector to external perimeter group, then arming perimeter in STAY mode will enable it.

Problem:

1. Once a while I have guest staying in this basement. When this happens I don't want STAY command enable this motion detector.

Question:

1. Can this be easily accomplished (with macro, etc) by some easy key combination so my wife can do it, w/out me going into complex programming options to configure it while guests are in?

I know that I can easily by-pass open window/door sensor and force ARM operation, but I don't think I can by-pass motion sensor (since unlike door, I can't just have it "opened" in the arming operation).

Thank you. Leon

Reply to
Leon
Loading thread data ...

Program your motion to sensor group 15 this will enable it to be active in Level 2(Stay) and Level 3 (Away). There is no way to make it either Stay or Away when you feel like it. Its either use Group 14 where the Motion will be active in Level 3(Away) or use Group 15 where it will be active in both arming levels. You can bypass a sensor directly, the way that you mention is by indirectly bypassing a sensor.

Reply to
ssokoly

Would you please clarify:

To by pass window sensor, I just keep door open (therefore keeping NC sencor in opened position) and arm an alarm. But how can I bypass motion sensor?

The only trigger the motion sensor is by walking infront of it. Should I have someone walk infront of it while arming alarm?

thanks

Reply to
Leon

Just bypass the zone manually, its in the user guide

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.