EST Quick Start

does anyone have a manual on this panel?

James

Reply to
James B
Loading thread data ...

Rip it out and put something decent in its place

Reply to
Just Some Guy

Yes. Most of the guys that went to school for a week or so to learn EST programming. EST panels are probably the last type of FACP that one would want to fat finger. Find someone that really knows EST and let them do any necessary programming.

formatting link
you haven't been trained on it, don't screw with it. I bet even the king of DIY (Bass) would agree on that.

Reply to
Just Looking

g

Thanks for all your help.... I found one. The panel is not that tough even for my fat fingers.

Reply to
James B

sheet, i worked on a commercial building several years ago where the electricians installed an EST (and were supposedly trained) and they didn't have a freekin clue what they were doing.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That's because they took the Bass Home Study Course (c/w a complimentary two hour telephone seminar and a copy of the Sentrol Application Handbook). The informative CD was $29.99 (reduced) if you purchased the product from his online store.

Reply to
Frank Olson

and a set of Ginsu knives?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Wrong website. That's Rojas. Send him five panels to unlock and he'll send them back with a complimentary pair of Ginsu wire strippers and the dry-wall saw.

Reply to
Frank Olson

programming.https://www.est.net/Training/restricted/QuickStart_Flash/QSOperCutSht...>> If you haven't been trained on it, don't screw with it. I bet even the king

Roland's one of those individuals that believe that "factory training" is the only way to go.

Reply to
Frank Olson

programming.https://www.est.net/Training/restricted/QuickStart_Flash/QSOperCutSht...

Reply to
Roland Moore

I know what you mean. I'll put 'em in and terminate 'em, but I'll leave the programming to the local GE guys. The only exception to that rule (in the EST line) is FireShield (which anyone can field program quite easily). Mircom has a new line of panels that look exactly like FireShield. Cheaper too. We have a few of both in the field so I'll be able to relate any problems we encounter as time goes on. The one drawback with the GE lines have already been mentioned. Replacement parts *are* expensive.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Reply to
Roland Moore

We just ripped one out today anyone want to buy it? Three years old.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

whats wrong with it?

Reply to
minifrank

Reply to
Just Looking

It's worse than that in Canada. GE technicians are the only ones that can program the panels. Some AHJ's insist that they're also the only ones that can verify them as well, however others take ULC/CAN-537 (Verification Standard) a whole lot more literally and you have to have an *independent* do that part. I know GE screams "blue murder" when that happens, but just think about it... If they're *programming* the system, and then verifying it, it sort of defeats the purpose of the standard which states you *can't* verify your own work. Ah well... fun and games. :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Aside from what others mentioned...we're not sure - displays a ground fault trouble all the time, no matter what we do. But, it's pretty clean and has 4 expansion boards. The building was remodeled 3 years ago by what we can tell from the fire inspection tag and that's all I remember right now. It was a fairly clean install and system was working ok except for the ground fault and it was "time" for a complete remodel of the system anyway.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.