Ademco 6270 Lighting Control

I realize that the 6270 is no substitute for a lighting control system, but is it possible to name the lighting outputs dislayed on the 6270?

I just installed my 6270, and upgraded from a Vista20P-R2.5 to a Vista20P-R3. Do I need a different panel to name these outputs, or is it just not supported? The manual does not mention it at all.

dave

Reply to
Dave
Loading thread data ...

Can't name the outputs

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Thanks Mark.

I noticed when booting up, the 6270 says something like "Receiving output descriptions" after it goes through "receiving zone descriptions", so I thought maybe a Vista 50P or 128 or 250 might support it.

Must be a "reserved for future expansion" kind of thing.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

ISTR you can name them if you use a more advanced control panel. If you have a Vista-20P you cannot.

Reply to
Robert L. Bass

If the panel supports naming the outputs then I would think the 6270 would as well although I've not tested it on anything larger than a V-20P

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Mark is Correct,

Reply to
HoneywellTech

Does the 128BP support X10 output control though? That's what I'm trying to do - use the 6270 to turn lights on and off via X10. I'm doung it now with my Vista 20P, But the family is not impressed with the choice of output1 or output2. They'd rather see "Porch Lights" and "Driveway Lights"

Will the 50P do it? Looking at Compass, it seems to have the dame description and voice descriptor fields as the 128BP, but also has an X10 option in addition to relays.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

The 50P won't support the 6270 but the 128BP will and does X-10, hard to find a Honeywell panel now that won't do X-10

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Marc has answered accurately,

There is a 50PEN version that does support the 6270 but it belongs to ADT

Reply to
HoneywellTech

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.