New Monitoring Service

Can the group recommend a monitoring service for a Ademco Lynxr panel that has been working fine for many years? My service provider is going out of business at the end of June 2020 and I need to sync up with another service. I am currently paying 14.95 per month to monitor my system, which has about 24 zones.

Reply to
Jack
Loading thread data ...

On 5/1/2020 4:06 PM, Jack wrote: > Can the group recommend a monitoring service for a Ademco Lynxr panel > that has been working fine for many years? My service provider is going > out of business at the end of June 2020 and I need to sync up with > another service. I am currently paying 14.95 per month to monitor my > system, which has about 24 zones. >

Call all your local companies and pick one. Really. I would personally not choose one with that is a dealer for a big national, but that's really up to you.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

DITTO on that!!!!

Reply to
ABLE1

Of course this reminds me a little of some custom mold customers I get. "Will you make custom molds for me? I used to have a guy that made them really really cheap."

"What do you mean used to? If he does it really cheap why don't you keep using him?"

"Oh he doesn't return my emails or my calls any more."

"Ever consider he's tired of doing work for really really cheap for you, and maybe he is taking other work that allows him to make a living?"

CLICK!

Reply to
Bob La Londe

is

with

tor my

d

Or maybe he's going out of business because he hasn't increased his prices along with his expenses.

Reply to
Jim Davis

s along with his expenses.

Ya know -------

After that last post of mine the thought occurred to me of the three of us sitting in rocking chairs out on the front porch, each with a 3 day growth of beard, feet up on the railing, a cup of cocoa and we're all just complai ning the hell out of everything.

HEH HEH HEH ---- Yessiree ---- dag nab it !

Reply to
Jim Davis

I've been working everyday. I don't have to see a customer for months and be busy as heck, although I had two drop by yesterday.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Jack,

Your first goal should be is to make sure your have the dealer programming code from your present dealer. If he goes away and you don't have the code you'll have to have a new main panel installed.

After that you should call around to some local, ( not national companies l ike ADT, Vivint, or your cable or power companies) and do some shopping. Yo ur present pricing is pretty low. Obviously, be careful about shopping for the lowest price when it comes to the security of your home and family. You want a company that's been around for awhile but not a big company where y ou only become an account number in their file. Try to find a company where the central station is not across the country 10 states away.

Make sure the company that you choose is familiar with your equipment. You don't want someone to come to your home just to get you as an account but who doesn't have the expertise to program and trouble shoot your system.

Reply to
Jim Davis

ices along with his expenses.

us sitting in rocking chairs out on the front porch, each with a 3 day gro wth of beard, feet up on the railing, a cup of cocoa and we're all just com plaining the hell out of everything.

That doesn't make you any less the chromogen

Reply to
Jim Davis

I totally agree with all of that except for the beard thing. Never had one, don't know what it is like to have one. I have said in the past that if I found a bottle with a Genie inside and he granted me 3 wishes. The first would be "I would like to have a full beard for just a month."

Just want to the experience and then I am good!!!

As for the other things on the porch I would guess the stories and complaints would be rather fun!!

Yup, you betcha!!

Reply to
ABLE1

us sitting in rocking chairs out on the front porch, each with a 3 day gro wth of beard, feet up on the railing, a cup of cocoa and we're all just com plaining the hell out of everything.

If you wish for a million bucks or a 12 inch penis ----- make sure he can h ear you :-)

Reply to
Jim Davis

I'm still trying to figure out what a chromogen is. Is it a device where you drop in raw matter and it is converted at the atomic level to chromium?

Quit making up words you old curmudgeon.

I have little patience for people any more.

*** Work *** Me: "I only give discounts for quantity five (5) or more."

Them: "How about a bigger discount for just three (3)?"

Me: "Thank you for the opportunity. I'm sorry that you are no longer interested in my product. Please feel free to let me know if you change your mind."

*** Fishing *** Me: "There is a hazard to the left past that corner. Hold right, but cut left brushing the corner to avoid damage to your boat and we should clear the hazard just fine. If you want fish the corner first put the boat in reverse as the bow starts past the corner. Do not allow the boat to drift to far down the channel to the right or you will get caught in a fast current and there is no place to turn around for more than half a mile."

Them: "We are past the corner with the drive disengaged and drifting aimlessly."

Me: "Get the f*ck out of the way. I'm taking over."

Reply to
Bob La Londe

On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 11:11:54 AM UTC-4, Bob La Londe wrote: Sometimes you just can't trust the spell checker or ------ the guy who's steering the boat.

Reply to
Jim Davis

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.