Honeywell 5878 Wall Mounted Keyfob

Very nice...except a pain in the butt to program. It took us 1.5 to install a small wireless system, up going and programmed...then we dicked around with programming this stupid thing for 2 hrs before giving up on it for now.

We got it to disarm but nothing else.

Anyone every program one of these? ====

System; Vista 10P, 6150RF...several 5820L's (these are very nice..very small - probably not much range but this townhouse was small)

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

I beta tested them seemed to program ok when it was enrolled into system. button by button. sorry to hear you had so many problems.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Ademco's documentation on this one is pitiful...I still don't know what we did wrong...gonna have to get out my Ademcoglish to English translator.

We could only get one button to work and it will only disarm...no other buttons will work. I'm pretty sure it's in how we added the codes, but what I don't know yet. I even tried deleting all the codes associated with the

5878 (codes 15 & 16) and code 16 refuses to delete.

Maybe after I have a few beers tomorrow I will be enlightened?

| > We got it to disarm but nothing else. | >

| > Anyone every program one of these? | > ==== | >

| >

| > System; Vista 10P, 6150RF...several 5820L's (these are very nice..very | > small - probably not much range but this townhouse was small) | >

| >

| >

| |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Yea I just redid mine friday, took 2 minutes. remember it's essentially 2 encrypted keyfobs and you gotta do the go-no-go test to sync it to the panel. I think it's a sweet device

I'm told this stuff isn't rocket science :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I made this up a while back, try it

1. Place panel in Go-No Go test (Vista = Installer Code + # + 4, Lynx = Installer Code + # + 8)
  2. Sync serial #1 to receiver by holding AWAY, STAY, 1 and 2 until panel beeps
  3. Sync serial #1 in High-Security mode by pressing AWAY or STAY or 1 or 2 once until panel beeps
  4. Sync serial #2 to receiver by pressing 1, 2, 3, 4 until panel beeps
  5. Sync serial #2 High-Security mode by holding 3 or 4 buttons once until panel beeps
  6. Exit Go-No Go mode by entering User Code + OFF
  7. Program 5878 like standard 5804 keyfob (Sensor type "BR")
Reply to
Mark Leuck

It will be sweet once i have it programmed correctly.

also read your other post.

So my problem is I was doing it manually rather than the Sync method?

bummer is I don't have it with me now..it's at the client's house...so Im gonna have to fully understand it before I go back out...and there's no SNI or phone line there yet so I cant Compass it.

It is freekin rocket science!

Basically what I did was manually add zones 49-56 and configured them the way I wanted - no problem...I think?? But in adding the codes and auth is where I ALWAYS get messed up with 5804x. Added code 15 for serial 1 and code 16 for serial 2 and they worked manually (from the 6150) then went back and tried to add the auth #4 thing for each code and that only made serial 1 disarm key work, no other button would work.

??

tnx

R.

| > We got it to disarm but nothing else. | >

| > Anyone every program one of these? | > ==== | >

| >

| > System; Vista 10P, 6150RF...several 5820L's (these are very nice..very | > small - probably not much range but this townhouse was small) | | Yea I just redid mine friday, took 2 minutes. remember it's essentially 2 | encrypted keyfobs and you gotta do the go-no-go test to sync it to the | panel. I think it's a sweet device | | I'm told this stuff isn't rocket science :) | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Well you could do it that way but you'd have to set it up for standard mode, it's encrypted by default

1. Enable by holding STAY, 1 and 2 buttons for 3 seconds (LED flashes green)
  2. Learn buttons like standard 5804 keyfob (Sensor type "BR")

I don't think you can Compass an encrypted device, it has to be synched somewhere in the process or you get nothing

Yea try telling that to youknowwho, he can talk anyone through it in 3 hours or so, they either learn or fall asleep on the phone

Now thats strange, if you did it wrong no button would work

After you added the codes did you assign them?

1. Master Code + 8 + User (02 to 32) + # + 4
  2. Enter 1st keyfob Zone (Example Zone 53)
Reply to
Mark Leuck

Silly person. You should have called Sarasota. Bass would have talked you through programming and testing the sucker in 12.5 minutes, then instructed your customers wife and her poodle on how to use it in another three.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.