Adding a third keypad to a Caddx NX-8, wiring help requested!

Some idiot got confused thinking stranded cable is the same thing as twisted pair. After that the thread morphed.

More specifically, ordinary 22-gauge, 4-conductor, parallel cable is all you need for almost everything. Very few alarm system keypads require anything else.

That's because you know what you're doing.

Exactly. Speaking of which, a good rule of thumb is to stay one foot from parallel 110VAC runs and 2 feet from 220VAC. Short lengths (not more than a few feet) of low voltage can be run in close proximity to parallel 110/220VAC cable without causing problems.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

If you don't tell me what question you want answered, there's not much chance I can help you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh..it did. It was a terrible system. I think it was a FBI 1215, with about

30 windows 5 doors, junctions under carpet everywhere made up with tape, the 300 ohm stuff was taped to the concrete floor under the carpet with duct tape/masking tape/electrical tape....horrible system.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Frequencies way beyond anything you're likely to run into in the alarms you try to install. None of the systems you install use transmission lines to carry keypad data so the nonsense about stranded being better remains... well, nonsense.

Proving you already know I'm right.

I read it. You tried to sound knowledgeable about something you don't understand. If you were only ignorant I could help you. Education cures ignorance. Unfortunately, there's no treatment for stupidity so I can't do anything for you.

Yes, really. Take a look near the top of your newsgroup reader (that's the program you use to post drivel here). Next to the word, "Subject" you'll find a text box where it says, "Re: Adding a third keypad to a Caddx NX-8, wiring help requested!" That tells you what we're talking about.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Sure I have. If you don't press hard on the drill but let the bit do the cutting it doesn't damage the bit much. It also won't grab and hurt you unless you hold the drill so loosely that it gets away from you. If you have no idea how to use a drill you might run into problems.

I usually use straight bids, but only to get the contract. I prefer to use bits for drilling. When making a 3/4" hole in a board a paddle bit is faster and easier to use than a twist bit

-- not to mention about 2% of the price of the bit. It also can be used in a 3/8" or 1/2" chuck, whereas a 3/4" bit would require me to drag the big Bosch drill out of the van.

I prefer to use cordless drills most of the time and those drain the batteries too fast if you use heavy twist drills. Not being an installer, you wouldn't know any of this stuff.

Only because you have no experience doing this sort of thing.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Oh my God........ I surprised the system didn't pick up every source of RF in the neighborhood and generate False Alarms daily...

Reply to
Russell Brill

You keep "dancing" around this issue... Why not tell everyone the name of this so-called "distributor" I work for and get it over with??

What?? You can't?? Well gosh golly gee willickers... I wonder why??

Reply to
Frank Olson

I'll give you a clue... It has to do with where I work...

Reply to
Frank Olson

thank you for agreeing that I was correct that it is better for higher freq

how can you be right when all you are doing is contradicting anything I say. I stated facts and you are being the devils advocate, you can't say you are right when you are not saying ANYTHING. more trouble for you with the written word. how much schooling did you get? obviously not enough.

again NOT SAYING ANYTHING just supposition and conjecture.

it says, "Re: Adding

again 'I' am talking about solid vs stranded and stranded is better for flexible apps like patch cords. ie the kind that go to alarm screens. [this description is for the mentally slow ie BAss]

now answer the question : Why can't you pass a OPEN BOOK TEST on the subject you purport to be an expert on?

Reply to
joe

Here is a copy of the Caddx Networx Serial Communication Protocol if anyone wants it.

formatting link

Reply to
jean

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.