Missing Zones/Caddx NX-8e

I have a Caddx NX-8e with two 216 expander cards. One 216 is fully populated with no issues. The other card has half of the zones populated with the remaining zones jumpered with a resistor.

I added a zone tonight. The zone was working fine; it is 33. After a little while, 33 and 34 are missing when I look at the zone status on the keypad. Zone 33 is connected to the device; EOL resistor at the device. 34 is jumpered with an EOL resistor.

No matter what I do, I cannot get 33 and 34 to show back up. Even if I remove everything from these zones, they do not display. I tried to use a different common port; still nothing.

Any ideas -- do you think the 216 card is fried? I did double-check the dip switch settings, 1 and 2 are on; the remaining are off.

Thank you.

Reply to
Nick
Loading thread data ...

There are two versions of the 216 expander... Are they the NX-216E version???

Reply to
Russell Brill

only the E version will work on a E panel

Reply to
Chub

could it be you have the zone nulled in programming? If there is a zero [0] in 'partition select' it will null zone out of existence

Reply to
Chub

If you are using a 216E [which you should be with a E panel] and if you want to start zones for that expander at zone 33 then dip switch 3 should be on, all the rest off

Reply to
Chub

after rereading Op it appears that the second 216 is probably starting at zone 25. So you appear to have dip switches correctly set. MY BASS!

Reply to
Chub

I hadn't thought of that one........ Good point.........

Reply to
Russell Brill

These are the NX-216E boards.

Reply to
Nick

These are the NX-216E boards.

Reply to
Nick

I didnt see the question

Reply to
Rich

what was it, bad module?

Reply to
Chub

I'm guessing installer error.

Reply to
Chub

Damn primates, can't do anything right

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

unless you can get those Brazilian ones. :) hard to come by I hear.

Reply to
Chub

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.