Adding a third keypad to a Caddx NX-8, wiring help requested!

"Karl Magnus" a écrit dans le message de news: vuBNe.37819$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews1.bellsouth.net...

Twisted mean twisted pair or wire like in a cat5 cable each pair of wire is twisted together..

this is not stranded wire..by the way,stranded wire is more flexible then solid wire and that's the only difference.. on a same gauge of wire stranded or not there is no difference in how the current/voltage of the signal in it will react..up to a certain frequency..

but the frequency where the difference start to be a problem is in the high uhf band..

I know about this cause I work a lot with transmission line in my hobby(ham radio)

the way twisted pair works,that helps sending data on long run,is simple...if you run 2 wire side by side for long,there will be capacitive effect that will form.the capacitance will affect the signal sent by distorting it..

Now if you introduce the twisting of the pair will had a coiling effect,in electronics class we learn that capacitance and inductance are inverse and fighting each other...so the twisted pair cable will have a tendency to have a controlled impedance what ever the length,that's in theory but it is working a lot better then straight wire when sending data..

of course you have to be careful about the uses of twisted pair wiring..cause its been known to engineer that build control panel that simple JKT induce capacitance so they build there circuit to compensate it..(adding inductance to it)

you can learn about capacitance here:

formatting link
for inductance here:
formatting link
you can learn about the way current/voltage/frequency will react together here: (reactance)
formatting link

Reply to
petem
Loading thread data ...

can you be more specific on some question that were asked to you since you like to ask for specification when some others respond to you,it would be kind to do the same for others?

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
petem

why is everyone talking about using twisted pair for alarm hardware ... ??

Telco wire is all yah need .. :-)

Never had an issue with keypads using Telco wire, besides the occasional one that would give an issue at time of installation where the solid 24AWG wire would break after bending it a couple times ... and was fixed then and never had a problem again.

Its not like you are sending video ... just keep away from high voltage..

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Uh-huh... And who was it you spoke to at Elk again?? You know... the tech support "wiz" that told you the "XEP" will broadcast ASCII strings over a network...

Ummm... I hate to burst your bubble there Robert, but... Stranded wire is far less apt to act as an antenna source. It's why they use 32 gauge stranded wire in those security window screens (in case you didn't know). ITI may (and I say "may") suggest using stranded wire in their systems, I don't know. We use DSC and Ademco products and as a consequence don't have any reason to doubt what an individual that actually uses ITI says... You, of course, being expert in all the security systems (snerk!) out there are in a position to know everything... What's the Napco dual battery harness for again?? How many keypads can you put on a Lynx panel??

Yep!

Reply to
Frank Olson

That is utter nonsense. There is no difference in the capability of stranded or solid conductors to carry higher frequency signals. Furthermore, nothing you're likely to use in an alarm system data loop involves high frequency data.

Try not to confuse yourself. We're not talking about patch cords.

That's just more nonsense.

I did. This morning I went to look at property on the bay front and another place in Itaigara, had lunch at a seaside cafe and spent the rest of the day with friends and family enjoying the beautiful Bahian weather.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

That depends on the application. For most alarm system keypads the answer is yes.

Try to stay on the subject. NVT doesn't make alarm keypads, let alone specify cabling for them.

That was not the original question.

Bullshit!

There's no spinning involved here. You simply fabricated 10 events to support a ridiculous theory.

In your mind, perhaps you were. Reality is you made the story up. It sounds as though you've been taking debating lessons from Olson. Have you tried snap-rolling a 737 lately?

Uh-huh, standing right next to Elvis.

Having never attended a fantasy meeting, I wouldn't know.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Bullshit!

Wrong. Stranded wire is less apt to break from repeated flexing. That is the ONLY reason it's used in alarm screens (which are not the same thing as "security screens" by the way.

A few manufacturers' manuals suggest stranded wire. Most specify only the gauge. In no case is it due to a higher or lower propensity to act as an antenna.

There's that "we" again. But you are not an installer. You're just a counter clerk. You have no experience installing anything. That's why you post idiotic advice to overload output circuits and "warnings" of the supposed danger using a paddle bit. Anyone who has ever installed for a living would know you're totally FOS.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Petem,

Please stop posting all this factual stuff. You're confusing the idiots.

Correct, and that is way beyond anything these bozos work with.

Cool. BTW, I used to protect a house on Hartford Rd in Newington, CT. As a ham operator, I'm sure you know what's located in a small brick structure on that street. Paul would be surprised to know that we successfully used several RF sensors in that installation with no problems coming from the ARRL tower.

Quite right. Some manufacturers actually specify NOT to use TP cable.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Is the question about security alarms? If so, I'll be glad to answer if I know. If you want personal information, speak to me in person.

That depends on the nature of the question and the reason for asking. Care to be more specific about what question you want answered?

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Game over. Busted.

Funny, "Bass" can't handle the fact that many here have worked on a national level for alarm mfgs, so he gets upset when he realizes he will never been anything more than a "drop ship monkey".

LOL

Reply to
Karl Magnus

Must be nice... So much for the "biggest" online security business in the state...

Reply to
Frank Olson

Hey!!! At least *I* debate!! When things get too "dicey" for you, you simply *ignore*.

He probably hasn't. You have to be type certified to fly left seat in a

Met him yesterday. Nice guy... bad teeth. Good with elevator controllers though.

You've admitted to having many such meetings and many more such conversations... Tsk!!!

Reply to
Frank Olson

I use 12ga Romex for all my window contacts so I never have a problem with breakage.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

in your reply to Petem you agree that it is better for higher frequency. Proof that you are either an idiot or you can't read and comprehend what you have read or you're smoking the weeds down there.

Furthermore, nothing you're likely to use in an alarm

agreed, but if you read my post and could understandthe written word you would have known I said COMM circuits. [that means communications for the mentally less fortunate, that's you BAss]

oh really, because if you could comprehend the written word you would have known that that is what I just WAS talking about.

I think I have figured out why you can't get a license to install alarms in Florida even though the test is an OPEN BOOK TEST. You can't read and comprehend what you have read. It's obvious you twist the meaning of the written word in you little pea brain. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah Bass can't pass an OPEN BOOK TEST. hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah rather than pass an open book test you are gonna let them run you out of FL. Then you can continue to denigrate the people that CAN pass an OPEN BOOK TEST and this GREAT COUNTRY from a foriegn land.

Reply to
joe

"Robert L Bass" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Well, I wont be more specific since you don't want to do the same.

Reply to
petem

I re-did a house several years back..the whole house was run under-carpet with that OLD flat 300 ohm TV antenna wire...remember that stuff...what a crappy install that was!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Hey Robert!

Can you answer this question?

I can open bet that you will not...at least not with a real answer that can be confirmed..

the odds are 1 to 1 million so if any one bet 1$ I'll have to pay 1.000.000

I am ready for it...

"Frank Olson" a écrit dans le message de news: po3Oe.79957$vj.46695@pd7tw1no...

Reply to
petem

ha ha ha ha............

Reply to
Russell Brill

Heh... You know sooo-o much about me... What's the name of the "small distributor in Vancouver" I work for again??

My customers say differently...

When have I ever done that??

You've obviously never hit a nail while using one. I prefer using a regular twist bid if I'm drilling up (or down) into an area I can't see the other side of. You might prefer using paddle bits... I think it's bad advice to suggest using one though.

Uh-huh... Funny... I was sorta suggesting the same thing about you, but decided not to use such "nasty" language. Who's the individual that recommended hooking up a siren (through a relay of course) to the battery terminals without installing an inline fuse?? What's the Napco battery harness for again, "Mr. Napco Expert"??

Reply to
Frank Olson

It sure beats sitting behind that counter in Canada wishing you knew how to install something... anything at all.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.