816, 1632 panels

I know this has been asked many times before but I would like for once to get a straight answer from somone in this group. I have several of the subject panels that I have accumulated as a result of replacing them panels I could program. Napco tech support says that on the 816 and 1632 panels, there is no way of getting into the program without the dealer code, only on the 3200 and up can a chip be replaced that has this info. So is this true or not? If not, why have I been told by some people in this group that for a fee it can be done? Then if there is no chip to replace what would I be paying for, just someones knowledge? I thought that's what these groups were for, to SHARE knowledge! So as a last gasp before these things hit the recylce bin , what's the truth? Either tell me it can't be done or tell me how to do it.

Reply to
guardog
Loading thread data ...

a straight answer

accumulated as a result of replacing them

panels, there is no way of getting into the

replaced that has this

this group that for

paying for, just someones

Either tell

RHC: Talk to Jim Rojas. He is capable of getting into most panels on the market. And yes, it is detailed knowledge (as well as some specialized equipment). I know that because I do the same thing - unlocking DSC and Paradox boards. However, Jim is light years ahead of me, and the one other party that I know of that cracks boards.

I wouldn't know a Napco panel if it fell of the shelf and hit me on the head; however, Jim can tell you definatively if these particular models can be cracked. Don't throw them away unless he tells you it's really not worth doing. There are a myriad of chips and technologies within alarm boards and the experimental processes to do this sort of thing vary even within a model line.

I doubt that Jim would ever agree that sharing knowledge goes so far as to tell you how he does it. This is not the sort of thing that would serve the industry in general. And why would he divulge the results of probably hundreds of hours worth of experimental work he has done to learn how to do this, and as a result make a little bit of extra revenue for himself, plus help those who find themselves with a locked board (either deliberately or by accident). Besides, in most cases, it isn't something that you can just tell someone how to do and they would be able to go away and do it anyway...

I had a guy call me up once and offer me $50K for these "secrets". I don't know if he was serious or not, but I told him to go suck eggs !!. Who knows...mighta been the guy who "invented" the DSC Unlocker ( which doesn't seem to work well it seems from second hand feedback I get from some clients who send me boards..).

Reply to
tourman

How much will Napco charge do default the panel? What parts house did you get it from? Many offer over the counter swaps for like for like, unlocked for locked (for a small fee) on refurbished boards.

get a straight answer

have accumulated as a result of replacing them

panels, there is no way of getting into the

replaced that has this

in this group that for

paying for, just someones

truth? Either tell

Reply to
Just Looking

"...JUST someone's knowledge"?

You're kidding right?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.