Symposium Inbound and Outbound call

We have a Call Center with Symposium 4.0. Does anyone know how to setup agents to make inbound and outbound calls on the same phone through Symposium? Thanks for your time.

Barry

Reply to
BarryT
Loading thread data ...

Hi Barry,

What exactly do you mean by your question? As long as the agents have a normal extension along with their ACD button they will be able to make and receive personal calls, as well as receive queued calls when logged into Symposium. Are you having a problem reporting on usage?

~ Mike

BarryT wrote:

Reply to
Michael Andrews

Mike.

No, reporting is not the problem. Whenever the agents make a call on their DN key, there is no indication that there is an incoming call in the Queue. I have asked few people but no answer.

Barry

Reply to
ALmom

Hi Barry,

What you're describing is an upgraded "feature" of Symposium over Meridian Max. When a call is in queue and the agent is either on an ACD or DN call, the "Disp Queue" key no longer lights up. I'd be interested also to know if anyone else has found a workaround for this. Neither Nortel nor our service provider can provide a workaround besides "have everyone logged in."

Frankly, I think this has to do with Symposium's entire concurrent "agents logged in" licensing structure. If you don't know if calls are being queued then you have to be logged in just in case, right? The more people you have htat need ot be logged in all the time the more licences you need to buy.

So, sorry Barry, but we experience the same issues at our site and have yet to find a solution.

~ Mike

Reply to
Michael Andrews

Hello Barry,

Have you tried changing the queue in LD 23to:

ACAA yes

This allows the agent to pu an active IDN call on hold and press the in-calls to retrun to the idle agent queue.

You may want to try SDNB yes as this blocks calls to the secondary DN while busy on ACD call.

I'm not sure if this helps but you may want to try it.

Bill

Reply to
bill

Ok I'll try that. Thanks evryone. Barry

Reply to
BarryT

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.