Nortel Contivity 6.07d for Vista

Hello all, I'm trying to load Nortel Contivity 6.07d on Windows Vista Business. I get to the end of the install and I get the following two errors: Error loading nocnt2k.dll and c:\\program files\\nortel networks \\nocnt2k.dll. Has anybody else had the same problem? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
adeesing
Loading thread data ...

As I know, the VPN client of Contivity is not ready for Vista yet.

Reply to
Dophi

HI,

Prior to installing, change the compatibility mode of the installer to Windows XP SP2, this can be done via right clicking on the installer, then properties, then compatibility mode.

I am facing another issue down the road, all my other laptops with windows xp2 are able to connect to our contivity 1600, but this one with vista business reports an error "login failure - remote host not responding"

Any ideas ?

Regards G

Reply to
EMRSoftwareGroup

Maybe you can check the log file on Contivity and try to figure out what might cause this issue. I never install the client on any Windows Vista due to the unsupportable version and Nortel never guarantees it's stable.

Regards

Reply to
Dophi

due to the unsupportable version andNortelnever guarantees

Is there any harm in installing the client on my new Dell Dim. 9200 running Vista Business? Any idea when the new client will be released? Should I just wait? Daniel

Reply to
Dan

Any assistance

tadue to the unsupportable version andNortelnever guarantees

Nobody knows what might happen when you install client on an offically unsupported Windows version. I suggest you can wait for offical release from Nortel.

Reply to
Dophi

The Nortel VPN Client for Vista must be installed by an Administrator and in XP compatibility mode. Failure to install in XP compatibility mode will result in errors during the installation of the VPN drivers. If this occurs, set eac607d.exe for XP compatibility mode and reinstall.

John

Nobody knows what might happen when you install client on an offically unsupported Windows version. I suggest you can wait for offical release from Nortel.

Reply to
John

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.