I got this thing many years ago in a group-buy of new X10 stuff from X10.com. Never needed it until now. I need and extra lamp module and figured I could just use this. No need for radio-control, just want control from normal, wired controllers.
But the thing does not appear to be working. In the online manual, I read:
- Plug the RR501 Transceiver into any 120V AC outlet. Fully extend its antenna.
- Use a dime to set the Housecode dial on the RR501 to match the X10 Modules and remote control you will be using it with.
- Set the slide switch on the RR501 to the code you want it to respond to (1 or 9).
- Plug a lamp or appliance into the outlet on the RR501 (observe the ratings on the back of the RR501).
- Press the small button on the RR501 to test that the lamp/ appliance goes on and off.
I get nothing when pressing the small button. Further, when I try to control it using a controller plugged into the same outlet, I get nothing. I am sure the house and unit codes are set appropriately.
Is this thing just dead? Perhaps it was DOA? Do X10 modules die just lying around in a box? Is there anything I can try inside to fix this thing?