non x10 systems

Im looking for a decent home automation system...lighting and appliance control...but dont want to go the x10 route. Any suggestions.... I have electrical/electronics background and some basic programming experience....

Id like something with a nice gui...pc based

It seems that all the links I look at seem to be x10 based or based on using the house wiring...and I dont want that.

Reply to
cornytheclown
Loading thread data ...

Some of these links may be outdated and there are a few new players that aren't listed but they should get you started.

formatting link
Im looking for a decent home automation system...lighting and

Reply to
Dave Houston

Would this be pretty enough?

formatting link
I use the CQC HA software engine [charmedquark.com]. It can directly do a variety of lighting protocols, and all of them via an Elk M1. I haven't personally moved to lighting yet, but that's coming soon. Plenty other are though.

I do: HA Control .....Security & Motion .....Weather (4 day and 7 day) .....Irrigation .....Doorbell Detector popup .....Traffic .....Denon Control

HT Control:

- Main Menu w/Mzone wrapper (with sliders)

- Zone Control

- Source Control .....CD Stream 1 via art .....CD Stream 1 via text .....CD Stream 2 via art .....CD Stream 2 via text .....XM Overview .....XM Channel lineup (coming soon) .....TV Guide (via SageTV web browser)

For my full pretty GUI, check out:

formatting link
check out some of the other gallery pics there, you'll see a variety of options.

Reply to
IVB

VERY COOL!

formatting link

Reply to
BruceR

A hardwired Ligfhting solution which should be arriving soon in the states ... Have a look at CBUS......Can be controlled via CQC ......

formatting link
HTH

Frank

PS......Heres a pic of a CBUS Saturn switch

formatting link

Reply to
Frank Mc Alinden

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.