Caddx 8XE key fobs and home automation X10

I am trying to be able to trigger the lights to come on when the alarm is disarmed when we come home.

This is what I currently have

Caddx 8XE panel installed GE 5 button keyfob NX-548E Wireless module GE serial port plug Caddx NX540E Voice Dial in module with x10 I also have a X10 powerline adapter

I am assuming this is all I need? I already have lamp modules on the lights I want to control.

Can this be setup in the Caddx software?

Reply to
theedudenator
Loading thread data ...

More than likely the answer is yes.

Reply to
ABLE1

Actually my first post was wrong unless you have a PL513 or equivalent and maybe a phase coupler. Also the installer program code and programming knowledge of the NX product line.

Good luck and have a nice day.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I have a PL513 already

I am not sure what a phase coupler is for. I am not sure that I need it. I already have the X10 lights working with a wireless remote for X10

Reply to
theedudenator

A phase coupler will allow better transfer of X10 signals to the other phase (other side of breaker panel).

But, hey if it works don't fix it.

Then all you need is the programming capability and your good.

Good luck,

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

I downloaded the GE software, hopefully I can get somewhere with that. I need to get a serial cable first

Reply to
theedudenator

get NX-586E for programming locally. esta bien.

I downloaded the GE software, hopefully I can get somewhere with that. I need to get a serial cable first

Reply to
KingFish

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.