All zones showing fault (NX-8E), please help

Hi all! I have a Caddx NX-8E with NX-216E Zone Expansion module and two NX-148E keypads. I have programed the system using the DL900 software, but every zone (21 of them) are showing fault. I'm not sure if I've missed something in the setup or what. Any thoughts/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have put EOL Resistors on all unused zones and have turned off box tampering as well.

Reply to
NeonTide
Loading thread data ...

if you have a closed loop and eol in series on every zone you should be ok

Reply to
MaxMaxwell

It all depends on how you've connected your circuits. If you haven't used the supplied EOL resistors, then you have to program the panel for "No EOL".

Reply to
Frank Olson

Thank you very much for your help. I found out where to turn off the EOL in the DP900 software. Now everything works great!

Reply to
NeonTide

You're most welcome. Glad we could help.

Reply to
Frank Olson

if you knew that eol were needed and put them on the unused zones, why not put them on the zones that were used?

Reply to
MaxMaxwell

They're optional. It's a programming choice. However, even when they're not required they still make a handy "shunt" to close up unused zones.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

nobody asked u n*****ts. only the Op knows the answer.

Reply to
MaxMaxwell

I see our friend, Graham, has added a few dozen new aliases. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I'd call it "even" (if it is indeed "Graham").

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.