Unused Zones

What is the appropriate way to handle unused zones on an alarm system. I am using a Caddx NX-8e.

I have a handful of zones on an expansion card that I am not using. I currently have the jumpered with a resistor in the panel.

Is there a programatic way to disable them on the controller?

Thanks.

Reply to
Nick
Loading thread data ...

I just jump them out with a resistor. js

Reply to
alarman

Good to know, thanks Russ. js

Reply to
alarman

Jumper them out with a resistor or take them out of all partitions

Reply to
Mark Leuck

just dont program them in.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

i resistor them out as well as program them out because some of the panels i use will show an open zone when i look at it remotely even if its not used...which is confusing to me.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Jack,

When using only eight (or less) of the sixteen zones on the NX-216E, turn Dip Switch #6 (1 - 5 are used to set the Module Address) to the "On" position, it will disable the second group of eight zones on the expander......... Regards, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

I think so, he probably means you can' t just not program them in as Rory opined. js

Reply to
alarman

you can't zero out a zone in caddx?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That won't work, they come pre-programmed

Reply to
Mark Leuck

you cant delete the zones, like with ademco panels .. which come preprgrammed also ..?

Reply to
cctvbahamas

whoops, sorry, too used to ademco .. like to try the GE panels one day though anyway, so good to know for the future.

Reply to
cctvbahamas

Nope, you'd think they would have added that by now with the v2 series

Reply to
Mark Leuck

No zone type exists to erase a zone like DSC but taking them out of any partitions does the same thing like DSC

Reply to
Mark Leuck

If you remove them from the partition, you should be fine.

Martin Custer

formatting link

Reply to
AutomatedOutlet.com

ah thanks..was just curious..i dont use caddx

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Don't you get tired of being right all the time? js

Reply to
alarman

The NX-8, NX-8V2, and NX-8E run circles around most of Ademco's/Honeywell's Vista series controls (except for the Vista128 & 250 panels)... The GE Networx line is easier to program, offers more features per dollar, is easier for the end-user to operate, and works with most ITI transmitters when using one of the NX series receivers... Just my 1/2 cent, Russ

Reply to
Russell Brill

Ummmm ... no :)

You'd think tho that would have been easy to implement from the beginning considering almost every other panel in the known universe allows deletion of zones

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Nope

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.