Norton v. Zonealarm

Hi

I am a private use. I am look for the best software firewall for my desktop. I am not sure wich of them is the best firewall. Is there somebody that can help me?

Best Regards Biks

Reply to
Mr. Biks
Loading thread data ...

Well as NEW CONVERT from Norton (Symantec) software, I would say that there is NO competition, as anything is better than the system hogging, bug ridden crap that Symantec sell at rip off prices!

I would suggest that use the:

Free Version of Zone Alarm.

with:

AVG Free Edition.

Both work seemlessly, and both able to run, with out any noticable side effects.

Reply to
Gaz

ZoneAlarm Pro is more consistent and does not nag to allow programs to access the net the way Norton Personal Firewall does. Basically, set ZAP once and it works with no further attention. However, the next to most recent upgrade was very unstable and crashed many user systems with no warning or error, not even a BSOD. The current version seems OK, but I am waiting for the next update which is said to be even more stable.

Reply to
M. Treloar

Neither of them.

Reply to
Scott

For outbound protection, the best I found is Look'n Stop 2.05 firewall. It blocks Firehole, Yalta, Tooleaky, Outbound and Gibson's Leak tests. I've tried F-Secure, ZoneAlarm, Sygate, McFee, Guardian, Norton, PC-Cillin and none of them could do that, at least without tampering.

formatting link
Don

Reply to
Don

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.