(Q): Legion from Rhino9?

I'm a bit baffled and concerned about what may or may not be in or accessing my PC. When I hooked up through a DSL service, I took several measures to keep it safe: router, firewall, antivirus, & spybot software. But it's an item in my firewall software that has me wondering.

I have the "Freedom" firewall from Zero Knowledge (it came bundled with the router), and I turned it on & mostly stopped worrying until I looked at the blocked packet log out of curiosity one day. Listed there, almost one every second, is what looks like (to my uneducated mind) a trojan either on my machine or attempting to access it.

The packets blocked have the following details: Protocol: udp Trojan: Legion from Rhino9

What concerns/confuses me is theat the Source Port is my own PC's IP address. The Destination Port has the same first three numbers but a different fourth.

My internet searct for the Legion trojan seemed to indicate this was a hacker utility, but the Symantec site has nothing about it. Any enlightenment here would be appreciated.

TIA, Joe

Reply to
rb608
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.